Database problem

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

bostonmusiclover2

Database problem

Post by bostonmusiclover2 »

My music library is too large (52GB) to load onto internal memory on my new HTC One (M8). I have tried getting it to work with the external SD card (64GB) but I appear to be having problems with the database. Albums appear twice in the Album listing with the second copy usually containing no tracks and without the artwork. The application appears to be still trying to create the database. In reading MMA release notes further it says that MMA won't support the external SD card until 1.0.5. Am I correct in assuming that is the source of the problems?
Lowlander

Re: Database problem

Post by Lowlander »

How did you sync the files to the device and did sync some files maybe to both internal and external memory?

The external card issue only affects those on Android KitKat as KitKat has limited access to the external card.
bostonmusiclover2

Post by bostonmusiclover2 »

I synched via USB and only to the external SD card. The new HTC One (M8) runs on KitKat so I'm guessing that is the problem. In looking at the external SD card, each album only has one appearance/file but MMA is seeing two copies of every album - one with artwork and the other without artwork.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »