PlayNext V1-1

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

PlayNext V1-1

Post by raybeau528 »

This script, which was requested here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=38563 will set the selected track to play Next, from either the Track List or the Now Playing List, regardless if Shuffle is on or off.

Note that V3.1 (currently in beta) is required as it uses OnShuffleClicked and OnPlayBackEnd events which were introduced in 3.1.

A V1-2 installation package is available as an attachment to this post. (open attached Archive and execute MMIP inside archive)

5-28-2009 Added ability to select Play Next from the Now Playing list.
5-30-2009 Can invoke Play Next from the Now Playing Main window now.
6-10-2009 Addressed a performance issue
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by raybeau528 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mizery_Made

Re: PlayNext V1-0

Post by Mizery_Made »

Does this script effect the shuffle order any? I believe if you play on shuffle for a while, it's supposed to cycle through everything in the playlist before it goes back through them, though if you turn shuffle off and then back on, it shuffles through from the beginning again. Will this script cause this, or would it play the file next, then resume shuffling through things where it left off?
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

@Mizery_Made - I don't know the answer to your question. I do turn the shuffle on/off to implement this capability so the resultant behavior should be the same as if you clicked it on/off manually.

Ray
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Just a thought. Since you're dealing with the NowPlaying list, previous and next tracks are already known, so isn't it possible to jump to them without switching off the shuffle mode?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

previous and next tracks are already known, so isn't it possible to jump to them without switching off the shuffle mode?
How so? Can you provide some code example?

Thanks!

Ray
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

No I don't have code example, as I'm not a good programer, I don't know if it's possible but the idea is to invalidate the interceptated prev/next keystroke and replace it by a routine to jump track. Is it possible to go to a specific track with a script?
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Yes, it's possible to select a specific track in the Now Playing list by it's index. That's how my script jumps to the selected track. But if you don't turn shuffle off, then MM jumps to the next track in the shuffle list. If the script jumps to the selected track after MM then the track MM selected starts playing for a microsecond before the script gets control to jump to the selected track. That creates an undesirable audio click. Did you try the script?

Ray
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

OK I understand. Thanks Raybeau.

No I didn't try the script, I don't have MM 3.1.
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

OK, now working with MM 3.1.0_1236 ... thanks very much for this! together with the NoirBlue skin (esp. the MiniPlayer skin) my MM is perfect ;]
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

@jkforde - i'm happy to hear it's working for you.

@nohitter151 - thanks for your assitance in the original posting.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok Ray:

I never tried this because I do not use shuffle, so explain to me for those who do not use shuffle, what benefit does it offer over MM's Play Next feature?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

If you have shuffle enabled and you select a song outside of the Now Playing window and then right click on Play Next, MM inserts that song after the current playing song in the Now Playing window but when the current song finishes playing it jumps to the next song in its shuffle list, not the song that was just inserted. The same is true if you select a song in the Now Playing list - it doesn't get played next if shuffle is enabled.

Of course, I took it as a challenge when I saw this as a response to the request! :)
I guess you already know the story that its not possible and that's why you posted to the wishlist.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks for the explanation, and of course you met the challenge. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Benn

Post by Benn »

Thanks Ray, this will come in very useful.
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

One caveat, as Mizery_Made pointed out, in order to accomplish this I do turn shuffle off and then back on. This has the probably undesirable affect of changing the shuffle order. It would take some effort to completely manage the shuffle order via a script but I believe it could be done if someone really needs the Play Next function with shuffle enabled without affecting the shuffle order. Maybe it's impossible and I'd just have to do the impossible. :)