PLayTwo v1-4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

raybeau528

PLayTwo v1-4

Post by raybeau528 »

This script was requested here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... wo#p187396

PlayTwo clears and loads the Now Playing panel with two (2) tracks for each artist from a selection. Non-paired tracks are inserted at the end of the list. The paired tracks are sorted by artist.

A V1-4 installation package is available here:http://www.mediafire.com/?1dtmldymymi

Edit: To use, select tracks from the Main Tracks Window and then select PlayTwo via a right-click menu option.

History

1-Feb-2009 Added options panel to set:
- Sort Order
- Artist or Genre field used to determine pairing
- Songs per paired set
- Include/not include non-paired tracks
- Add to Now Playing or not
- The output Playlist name
- Just one set of paired tracks per Artist/Genre
2-Feb-2009 Added ability to right-click on a node or playlist and select PlayTwo. All tracks in the node or
playlist are then processed by PlayTwo
10-Feb-2009 V1-3 will sort/randomize tracks by title for a given artist/genre as well as not add duplicate tracks.
01-Jun-2009 Added feature to limit tracks by tracks, time, size
02-Jun-2009 Fixed problem when output to a playlist

Any and all comments are welcome.

Ray
Last edited by raybeau528 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
nynaevelan

Re: PLayTwo v1-0

Post by nynaevelan »

Ray:

This looks intriguing but of course you know I am going to go in a totally different direction. Any possibility you could add an option to include genre instead of artist? And maybe the possibility to limit the selection by the number of plays the artist/genre has? This looks like a great way to find tracks that either have not been played or not been played much.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,

You caught me completely off guard! LOL. I wouldn't have guessed you would find this script 'intriguing' given all the
advanced scripts you use. But then again... :)

This first version is an attempt to meet the requestor's requirements. Perhaps you could expand a bit on your request with some examples, ie, a short list of tracks that include different artists and genres and then what the list looks like after the script is run. The more detail the better. What options are needed in an options panel - sort? randomize?
Do you want ONLY two tracks from any artist or genre - in that case the output list will be smaller than the input list. The PlayTwo script doesn't filter anything out. If there are 5 tracks for the same artist, then the output will end up with two pairs and a single track.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Nyn,

You caught me completely off guard! LOL. I wouldn't have guessed you would find this script 'intriguing' given all the
advanced scripts you use. But then again... :)
Anything that relates to plays or playlists will always catch my interest. And I'm pretty amenable to trying them all no matter how simplistic or advanced.
raybeau528 wrote:This first version is an attempt to meet the requestor's requirements. Perhaps you could expand a bit on your request with some examples, ie, a short list of tracks that include different artists and genres and then what the list looks like after the script is run. The more detail the better. What options are needed in an options panel - sort? randomize?
Do you want ONLY two tracks from any artist or genre - in that case the output list will be smaller than the input list. The PlayTwo script doesn't filter anything out. If there are 5 tracks for the same artist, then the output will end up with two pairs and a single track.

Ray
I would like it to do the same thing as originally created except instead of using artists, use the genre instead. The Option sheet wouldn't need to be too complex, except maybe an option whether to use the artist or genre field. You could add sorting but I think if you add randomize it would defeat the purpose of the script. If more than one pair ends up in the list then maybe have the second, third etc.. pairs start after the first grouping is selected. I guess to limit the selection group I could use a playlist but if possible the ability to have the script generate the pairs from selected playlist(s) would be good. Also, if possible the option to have the single tracks added to the end of the list or not added at all would be good. And of course if this list could be added to a playlist it would really be helpful because then I could set up a station to play when the urge hit me. Enough homework for the weekend??

BTW: You should add a link to this script in the original post so the original poster and others will easily know about it. And since your reportoire is growing, you should add links to all your scripts in the All Scripts post so they are more easily found.

Nyn

raybeau528

Re: PLayTwo v1-1

Post by raybeau528 »

Version 1-1 is available in the first post. Added requested options and then some. See Tools/Options/PlayTwo.

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ray:

Two things:

1. How do I get the playlist feature to use the playlist which I select which is nested within another playlist?
2. There are no tracks being generated in the playlist, no matter if I use genre or artist.

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn, the input tracks, as it works today, are from a 'selection' from the main tracks window. So, click on a playlist, then ctrl-A to select all tracks or some ctrl-shift-click combo to select the tracks you want. Then right click and select playtwo. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Ray

PS I feel a request coming :)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

raybeau528 wrote:Nyn, the input tracks, as it works today, are from a 'selection' from the main tracks window. So, click on a playlist, then ctrl-A to select all tracks or some ctrl-shift-click combo to select the tracks you want. Then right click and select playtwo. Let me know if you're still having problems.

Ray
Thanks, I was right-clicking on a single track. :oops: :oops:
raybeau528 wrote:PS I feel a request coming :)
:lol: :lol: Of course there is, how am I going to assign this to a station and at the same time keep my organizational structure? :wink:

Just to give you an idea of what I'm working with, here is a snippet of my Playlists node. I had to separate my Stations into their own category because it was getting too difficult to tell which was attached to which station:

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Nyn,

So I take it that worked? I've already updated it so when you right-click on a node or playlist you can then select PlayTwo straight away and all tracks will be used for the selection. Stay tune for the updated install package.

Ray
raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

Version 1-2 is now available in post 1.

Added ability to right-click on a node or playlist and select PlayTwo. All tracks in the node or
playlist are then processed by PlayTwo .

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes it worked, sorry I was distracted with something else. Now I have to go and test 1.2 Mr. Quick Draw McGraw. :wink:

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok:

If I use the genre as my option and select the random order, shouldn't it randomize my genre's??

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

If I use the genre as my option and select the random order, shouldn't it randomize my genre's??
Yes. I've tested it on several playlists and the paired tracks are displayed in random genre order, thusly:

Title Artist Pop
Title Artist Pop
Title Artist Blues
Title Artist Blues
Title Artist Rock
Title Artist Rock
Title Artist Jazz
Title Artist Jazz

If random is not checked, the above should look like this:

Title Artist Blues
Title Artist Blues
Title Artist Jazz
Title Artist Jazz
Title Artist Pop
Title Artist Pop
Title Artist Rock
Title Artist Rock

What are you seeing?

Ray
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes that is what I am seeing, I guess since I picked 5 for my pair they didn't look randomized. Thanks. One more minor thing, when I add the PlayTwo playlist to Stations, Stations is not picking up the tracks to play when selected.

Nyn

raybeau528

Post by raybeau528 »

when I add the PlayTwo playlist to Stations, Stations is not picking up the tracks to play when selected
Inconceivable! :)

...unless you have another PlayTwo playlist somewhere? Remember, with stations, if there are duplicate playlist names, only the first will be selected. Try naming the playlist in tools/options/PlayTwo to PlayFive and let me know what happens.

Ray