Find and Delete folder.jpg

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Tursiops47

Find and Delete folder.jpg

Post by Tursiops47 »

I have a ton of art duplicates. When hovering over art properties, I see they are all "folders.jpg" in various music folders. But I can't find them to delete them.
For example, G:\1950-2001\1965\ has 52 Top40 songs. 48 of them have a James Brown album cover. How do I find the file \folder.jpg so I can delete it? From now on I'll only store in tag or with a title-specific filename.
Is there a script I might use to simply delete folder.jpg from my music folders?
Lowlander

Re: Find and Delete folder.jpg

Post by Lowlander »

You should check out the Album Art Tagger script in the Scripts and Components forum as it can automate Album Art management.

If you're looking for the folder.jpg files in Windows Explorer you might need to enable the showing of hidden as well as protected operating system files in the Windows Explorer options.
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

Thanks Lowlander. I saw the Album Art Tagger script (by Trixmoto) in the Scripts & Components forum; with around 27 pages of messages. But I can't remember how to actually locate and download and install the script. In the meantime I'll try and remember how to unhide stuff in MSExplorer. It's been awhile. I went to Command Prompt earlier to look at the directory but couldn't remember the DOS command to go from C:\documents and settings\ to G:\... !
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can do so in Tools > Folder Options in the View tab.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tursiops47 wrote:Thanks Lowlander. I saw the Album Art Tagger script (by Trixmoto) in the Scripts & Components forum; with around 27 pages of messages. But I can't remember how to actually locate and download and install the script. In the meantime I'll try and remember how to unhide stuff in MSExplorer. It's been awhile. I went to Command Prompt earlier to look at the directory but couldn't remember the DOS command to go from C:\documents and settings\ to G:\... !
All of Trixmoto's scripts are available for download from his website ( http://www.trixmoto.net )
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dj maus

Post by dj maus »

I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts.
I went to trixmoto's page to download his device, but it won't install.
When I open the file, Media Monkey asks confirmation and after that responds with a window "Fout Bij Installatie" (error in installation) and that's it.

Please help :-?
dj maus

Post by dj maus »

excuse me for the last post

in spite of the fault-window it DOES work

great and thanks a lot!
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

Lowlander wrote:You can do so in Tools > Folder Options in the View tab.
Followed your suggestion. Had to uncheck "Hide protected operating files" before I could see folder.jpg and AlbumArtSmall.jpg. Scary stuff because warnings claimed the files were System Files and their removal could make my operating system inoperable! So I deleted them to the XP Recycle Bin and my erroneous artwork problem seems to be solved. Then re-checked the "Hide protected operating files" again. BTW, Batch Art Finder and Album Art Tagger working A-OK. Thanks all.

Post by Guest »

This is super easy in DOS

Code: Select all

DIR /AH /S *.JPG

ATTRIB -S -H *.JPG /S

DEL *.JPG /S
Use with caution! Do this at C:\ and every jpg on your PC is gone!
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

Guest wrote:This is super easy in DOS

DIR /AH /S *.JPG
ATTRIB -S -H *.JPG /S
DEL *.JPG /S
Copy that! But remind me. How (in DOS) do I move from C:\Documents and Settings\ to, for example, G:\Music A-E\ ? I remember CD and CD.. but can't recall how to move to another drive and folder.
I guess the safe way to delete those pesky albums would be DEL folder.jpg /S instead of the wildcard.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Tursiops47 wrote:
Guest wrote:This is super easy in DOS

DIR /AH /S *.JPG
ATTRIB -S -H *.JPG /S
DEL *.JPG /S
Copy that! But remind me. How (in DOS) do I move from C:\Documents and Settings\ to, for example, G:\Music A-E\ ? I remember CD and CD.. but can't recall how to move to another drive and folder.
I guess the safe way to delete those pesky albums would be DEL folder.jpg /S instead of the wildcard.
You are correct.

To change folders:

cd "G:\Music A-E\"
Note the double quotes - needed due to the space in the directory name.