Sychronising with iRiver - error when Album name has bad chr

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

SwC_UK

Sychronising with iRiver - error when Album name has bad chr

Post by SwC_UK »

When sychronising onto my iRiver iHP-140 (i.e. onto drive E:) MM throws an error when it tried to create a directory which is named from the <Album> tag. The name of the album is "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?". Clearly the "?" will cause a problem in the file system as it's a wildcard and may not be part of a file or folder name.

Should MM not translate or remove any characters from tags, etc. that are file system reserved before using them to create folders and files?
jiri

Post by jiri »

MediaMonkey does this, however it possibly happened that somehow the mappings of invalid characters disappeared from your MediaMonkey.ini file. In order to fix it find this file (usually in "C:\Documents and Settings\User name\My Documents\My Music\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini") and make sure the following exists there:

[FilenameMappings]
3A=2D
2A=2D
3F=
3E=2D
3C=2D
22=27
21=
2F=2D

Start MM then and it should work well.

Jiri
SwC_UK

Post by SwC_UK »

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. It works fine now. Not sure what was up with my install by I uninstalled and re-installed and I can now synchronise.

SwC.