HotKey'd Playlist Management - Script Request

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dreadlyone

HotKey'd Playlist Management - Script Request

Post by dreadlyone »

Hi there. I have a script request. If this isn't picked up by someone, I understand, but if so, I will be a super pleased MM'er. Actually, after about 2 weeks of using MM, I am already super pleased... I had no idea how tagging and clean up of a 50K plus collection could be so easy. It wasn't bad to begin with because I'm pretty anal about tagging consistency, but there were still some tedious tasks I kept putting off. Anyhow, I am rambling...Let me move on.

I've used the forum search to see if something like this exists and from what I can tell, it doesn't. I apologize if something similar does in fact exist.

Ok, here goes.

The basis behind this script is to add greater functionality to using PC remotes. I have The snapstream firefly RF remote and have almost all buttons mapped to some MM function of some sort. However, currently, I am unable to figure out how to map a key to a specific playlist if it is even currently possible. I map MM functions from the MM HotKey options screen to a remote button.

Using the forum search, I see that there are several other PC remote users here that might benefit from a script like this.

I'd like to be able to map playlists to a hotkey which would allow me to map that key to the remote.

Overall view of the script is to allow you to assign hotkeys to a small number of your favorite playlists. Lets say 3 different playlists.

Playlist 1 - Dance Music = ctrl-1
Playlist 2 - Rock Music = ctrl-2
Playlist 3 - Slow Music = ctrl-3

I'd like to take this a step further though if possible.

Lets say you populate your Now Playing list with a ton of music and when you hear a song you like that you'd like to add to Playlist 1, you can hit the appropriate hotkey. Following from the above, the next song you hear is a good rock song you'd like in your Rock playlist, hit hotkey for playlist 2, etc...

If the song exists on the playlist you're trying to add to, it doesn't actually get added.

It would probably be logical also to add a hot key to remove the current song from the current playlist assuming you are actually running a playlist. If you hit that hot key and are actually NOT running a playlist, the command is ignored or the file is just removed from the now playing list.

I guess that's it for now. Thanks in advance for reading this.
Pako

Post by Pako »

New release of EventGhost:
http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/Eve ... _Setup.exe

MediMonkey plugin has three new actions:
- Add current playing song to Playlist (by name)
- Remove current playing song from Playlist (by name)
- Remove current playing song from Now playing window
All three actions have option verbose or numeric result.

Pako
jonp

Post by jonp »

Hi Pako. Thanks for the new features. Can you confirm that this is not a plugin for MM but rather a plugin for EventGhost. As such you need to install and run EventGhost to enable these actions to work within MM?

Great functionaity. Would be greater if native to MM.
Pako

Post by Pako »

jonp wrote:Can you confirm that this is not a plugin for MM but rather a plugin for EventGhost.
Yes, that way it is. Only short script EventGhost.vbs is to be place to folder MM/Scripts/Auto.
jonp wrote:As such you need to install and run EventGhost to enable these actions to work within MM?
Installing: only run Setup.exe and copy EventGhost.vbs from EG/plugins/MediaMonkey to folder MM/Scripts/Auto.
Info: http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Main_Page

Pako