Artist tag that cannot be deleted

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ashishg

Artist tag that cannot be deleted

Post by ashishg »

I don't seem to remember doing anything specific but suddenly after tagging operation on one song, all my songs which had Artist field empty have this web address (HTTP://WWW.Ansarimusic.Net) in Artist and Album Artist field. Song I was editing was downloaded from this website but that's not unusual. Even strange part is that I cannot delete this tag!! If I delete the tag from a song, change the view, and see song, tag is still there. This has never happened before. Further, this artist doesn't show up in Artist tree node, in fact, these songs show up under "Unknown" artist. Field seem to be empty if I see on Windows explorer (artist column, file properties). Why just in MM view then?

Using Windows XP with MM2.5.5.998

ETA: Computer has been scanned for any virus and there doesn't seem to be one.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I guess that this has happened to you:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4595#74595
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

Thank you very very much. This is the first time I found something abnormal with MM, thankfully with easy way out.