Need help [Opus files not recognized]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Sandid1954

Need help [Opus files not recognized]

Post by Sandid1954 »

Hi,

I just bought the android app and after importing my 100gb of music I just realized that none of my opus/ogg files have been imported. I can browse to the file manually through the app and it plays just fine, but the coverart is missing. It also won't play .opus files through the app unless you change the ext to ogg. You can however open an .opus file with mediamonkey if you open it from an outside file browser like Solid Explorer.

So is there any way to have MM recognize my opus/ogg files with the proper metadata/coverart? I can't find any information on the website and google hasn't been any help either. It really should be smart enough to recognize that .opus and .ogg are the same, but why won't it import ogg files either when you can clearly browse to them.

Is there a better place to ask these questions?
martin.bohac

Re: Need help

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
Unfortunately, it depends on the Android version of your device.
I have tested it on my two devices.
On my old Nexus5X (Android 8.1) tracks were not listed until I renamed extension from .opus to ogg.
On my Pixel 6a (Android 13) all .opus tracks were listed with no issue.
MMA uses the system's tag parser, unfortunately, on older systems .opus files are ignored and not parsed.
We will bring our own parser solution in the future, until then there is only the solution to change extensions, in my opinion.