Blue tooth speakers turn off whilst MediaMonkey's playing

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Fusionhunter12

Blue tooth speakers turn off whilst MediaMonkey's playing

Post by Fusionhunter12 »

Hi. I absolutely love MediaMonkey but I've switched to MusicBee because after a non determined time my bluetooth speaker played on my windows laptop completely turn off. this doesn't happen on another windows software or when using my phone.
I've trawled the internet for solutions and turned off power management on bluetooth and many other solutions but it only happens with MediaMonkey.
I'd be sad to let it go, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
BTW I'm using the free version.
Lowlander

Re: Blue tooth speakers turn off whilst MediaMonkey's playing

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you seeing this with?
Fusionhunter

Post by Fusionhunter »

5.0.4.2690 is my player
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please try with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta?

Troubleshooting can be done on that version so this can be attempted to be fixed for you, if it doesn't fix the problem already.
Fusionhunter

Post by Fusionhunter »

installed the debug software but it still happened, where do I sent the debug info too please?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Open Support ticket and supply compressed (ZIP) log file.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Disconnection of a bluetooth speaker has happened for me a couple of times too. I have both a bluetooth boombox (medium qualtiy) and a pair of bluetooth headphones (high quality) and found that it mostly happens with the boombox, so it might be a bluetooth device issue.
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Fusionhunter

Post by Fusionhunter »

Hi Matt, I've tried all the bluetooth solves but it doesn't happen on any other player.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Another strange bluetooth thing that happens is that when I use Windows to change the output device between computer and a bluetooth device, MM5 stops playing the track and takes the play pointer back to the start. Its easy to get the track going again but it seems a bit strange.
Matt
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
5.1.0.2829 Included some Fixes with BT device playback using WASAPI.

I would be curious if playback behavior changes with new version.

Additionally I personally tested with 7 of my devices and even I could not replicate on my devices it appears to be device specific, so more logs and feedback needs to be collected :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Hi Peke,
Peke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:19 am 5.1.0.2829 Included some Fixes with BT device playback using WASAPI.
I would be curious if playback behavior changes with new version.
Thanks Peke, I have V2829 and after a quick test I don't see the same disconnection problem mentioned by the OP, but when changing the windows output device from PC to Bluetooth device (two different ones) or back the other way, the MM replay always goes back to the start of the song. This behaviour is unchanged from previous versions, but for me that is an inconvenience rather than a problem.
Cheers
Matt
MattTown

MM Starts Track Again on Change of Bluetooth Speaker

Post by MattTown »

Hi, I alternate between a Bluetooth boombox and bluetooth headphones when playing from my MM library laptop. Every time MM recognises that I have changed speaker to or from one or the other, MM stops playing the track and returns the play counter to the start of the track.

FYI, my process for changing bluetooth speakers is to turn off speaker 1, wait for Windows to recognise the absence of the bluetooth device then turn on the other and let it connect. MM stops playback and returns the play counter to zero as soon as a new speaker is heard to connect or disconnect.

This behaviour is not new (currently V2829), it has been consistent over at least 6 months. Is this playcounter restart by design or just an unintended byproduct of the coding? I can't see why it would be necessary or even desirable to do so. If its a bug I'll welcome an update at some point. If it is intended behaviour then I'll just scratch my head and get on with it.

Cheers
Matt

Note to mods: I had initially put this in a separate thread because the causitive mechanism is the inverse. This thread has a bluetooth speaker turning off in mid song. My post is about a change of speaker stopping and resetting the song. I don't really mind, as long as one of the devs can answer my question.