Sync Button

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

daserra

Sync Button

Post by daserra »

I use Mediamonkey at home and with Android Auto. The android app is just for choosing playlists and syncing.

I used to be able to sync with my server with a single click of the "SYNC" button on the MMA homescreen but since MMA2 I cannot. It would be lovely if you could return this simple button. Now syncing is a multistage process and on the first sync I was forced to update my MM4 install to the latest version in order to sync (see below).

Also adding playlists to "the" playlist has become seriously tedious, what was wrong with the old way ?

After updating my portable MM4 version none of my settings/database on the server were preserved. The only way I could update was to manually copy the new mediamonkey.exe and upnp.dll (there may be other files I should transfer).

Cannot Mediamonkey4 update and preserve settings ? I made sure to choose the correct directory that my install was in.
Lowlander

Re: Sync Button

Post by Lowlander »

You can Sync from the menu's Sync button.
daserra wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:23 pmAlso adding playlists to "the" playlist
What do you mean with adding Playlists to Playlists?

Updating MMW should preserve all settings. If it didn't it's likely that not the same install (portable vs. regular) or the same install location (make sure it isn't installed in a MediaMonkey sub-folder of the original location) was used. Other: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/
daserra

Post by daserra »

I create playlists in MM4 and sync them to my phone. The phone has it's "now playing" list which I am referring to as "the playlist" to which I can add multiple playlists if I like, the first used to be "play now" and subsequent lists were added using the "play next" button, that way I could listen to multiple playlists at once.

I tried to install portable MM4 over portable MM4 but I lost all settings, luckily I made a backup of the whole folder.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can still do so, use the 3 dot menu to access the different play options (either on a selected Playlist or on files selected on a Playlist).
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback!

Re. Sync: The reason we removed Sync from the content menu is because we were never happy with displaying it amid the content ;-) So it's one extra step to access it with MMA 2, but it's also better designed for cases when you want to change the settings (you can now optionally do so without navigating through the Options menu).

Re. the inefficiency of editing the Playing queue: there've been quite a few complaints about this, and we're planning improvements. It's being tracked at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19942

-Rusty
daserra

Post by daserra »

rusty wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:09 pm Thanks for the feedback!

Re. Sync: The reason we removed Sync from the content menu is because we were never happy with displaying it amid the content ;-) So it's one extra step to access it with MMA 2, but it's also better designed for cases when you want to change the settings (you can now optionally do so without navigating through the Options menu).

Re. the inefficiency of editing the Playing queue: there've been quite a few complaints about this, and we're planning improvements.

-Rusty
Thanks for your reply. OK, now I see the new "sync" button, thanks for the 2 click tip. I was fully entering sync settings to get to another one which was about 6 clicks. Nice to hear of the future improvements, perhaps all you need to add is a "Play Now" option in that sub-menu.
daserra

Post by daserra »

Lowlander wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:07 pm You can still do so, use the 3 dot menu to access the different play options (either on a selected Playlist or on files selected on a Playlist).
I must have been having a brain freeze, I see it now, for some reason my muscle memory couldn't find it since the upgrade to V2.