Can I get back to MM4

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Mike Marrone

Can I get back to MM4

Post by Mike Marrone »

I am still not satisfied with the tagging procedure and clunky nature of 5 after years and an enormous library working beautifully in 4. I do think 5 will be great when the bugs are worked out, but as someone using MM mainly for keeping my library in order, it is taking me much longer, and still doesn't provide the flexibility I need. I tried booting and even reinstalling _4.1.31.1919 but I keep getting this error:
Access violation at address 09481AB9 in module 'gen_acf.dll'. Read of address 00000048.

Any insight???
Mike Marrone

Re: Can I get back to MM4

Post by Mike Marrone »

I installed the dbug and the program still would not start but there is a mediamonkey.elf file. Do I need to send it?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
"gen_acf.dll" is SQRsoft General plugin Controller for SQRSoft crossfade output plugin. It uses some hacks to hook onto Winamp window and app, I am guessing that this is one of non fully compatible plugins. Try to replicate without that file in Plugins folder.

You can delete it MM do not need it to work.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mike Marrone

Post by Mike Marrone »

Thank you for the reply. That is not in the Plugin Folder. Perhaps I should put it there?
Mike Marrone

Post by Mike Marrone »

I tried putting it (gen_acf.dll) back in the Plug In folder and all I got was a splash screed then nothing. I uninstalled, reinstalled and got the same error... Access violation at address 0AFC1AB9 in module 'gen_acf.dll'. Read of address 00000048.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
File is available somewhere as MM was already loading if it is not in MM installation subfolder Plugins try to look at it at "%APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\Plugins" You need to delete it (also uninstall from MM Extensions) as it looks it is not compatible with MM anymore. Can you telll me where you downloaded that plugin?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts