File path inconsistency

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

meatsean

File path inconsistency

Post by meatsean »

Hi,
File path in screen shot below shows two different name variations for Album Artist and Album. Is there a way for me to correct MM so it will display the same value in Album Artist and Album data field in file path?

With Thanks,
Lowlander

Re: File path inconsistency

Post by Lowlander »

If the tags are in order you can use Tools > Auto-Organize Files to fix the folder/filenames of the files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... enames/4.0
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thank you. MM is duplicating Album Artist and Album in new file path shown below. Also, there is still inconsistency in Album Artist and Album in new file path. Could you advise?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you've set to start in the existing folder and add those folders with your Mask. It's probably best to define the full Path (ie. including drive letter and starting folders) instead.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Okay, but I got error message below. Looks like error refer to files from Album "various". That doesn't exit no more, it is now called "various artist". I don't know what else to do, could you help?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I guess the files also don't play? Did you rename the Paths outside of MediaMonkey?
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

I copied and paste files from one folder to the next. Files rescan to update library. Files played with no issues. But last night, I noticed inconsistent file path and several dead links. I ran Locate Moved/Missing files but MM could not find files. I also rescan but links are still dead. So, is it that when you copy and paste files between folders, MM cannot locate moved files despite a rescan? I have lost confidence in MM.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey stores file paths to your files. If you move/rename/delete files outside of MediaMonkey they won't be found by MediaMonkey, unless you use Folder Monitoring and have MediaMonkey running.

If you did move/rename/delete files, they'll be listed in the Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links node, from where you can use File > Locate Moved/Missing Files on selected files. (you can also delete Dead Links and rescan, but this will result in the files being lost from Playlists as well as losing unsaved tags).

Simply rescanning would not update existing files (that were moved/renamed), but instead add the files as new copies resulting in duplicates.