Album Art for G-Force v1.6 (26-06-2008) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Those errors are normal, better than the full blown trial image nag :)
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

MoDementia wrote: [EDIT]
B) Use this script
Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg
Choose "My Pictures Slideshow" as a screen saver and point it to G-Force\Sprites folder
Important change :)

Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg and (Default).txt
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Knudmand wrote: A) MoDementia, how does one get it like on the image you posted in this thread Jun 30, 2006 12:59am. ?
MoDementia wrote:...Compare this image with the script screen shots
Because I include a custom G-Force script for the display, it can be modified to any taste manually, or even from a MM options sheet ...
I.e. how to get the clear (not faded) album art
I haven't had a reply from the G-force people but on closer reading it seems they only provide this option in commercially licenced versions.
The gold/platinum version must have some of the commercial code in it just for Album Art display.
[EDIT]Confirmed. A professional license is required.
Note: Album cover art support is available under iTunes, J. River MEDIA CENTER, Windows Media Player 10, jetAudio, and Musicmatch 10.
But as it dosen't look like MM is supported for album art this restriction really sucks :(
Last edited by MoDementia on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Anonymous wrote:I have now tested some more. I believe there is a bug in the update.

I reinstalled both G-Force_381.exe and GForceAlbumArt_1_3.mmip, and still occasionally get this on-screen error: http://www.rexnay.hostxd.com/Error.html

(sorry for the external link, I'm new to this forum, and don't know how to upload images)
Good news, while investigating the image isssue in the previous post I found a solution :)

Type "\" (without the quotes) with the visualisation in focus. This will hide console messages including errors :)
Last edited by MoDementia on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 14-06-08 Version 1.5
' Added options sheet
' Added Play Menu Option (stop/start copying art when visualisation is disabled/enabled.)
Knudmand

Re: Album Art for G-Force v1.5 (14-06-2008) [MM3]

Post by Knudmand »

1) About the error messages in visualization, it is said:
MoDementia wrote: Type "" (without the quotes) with the visualization in focus. This will hide console messages including errors :)
But this makes no sense?? You only write quotes? What is it one has to do?

2) About the new update:
MoDementia wrote:New Version
' 14-06-08 Version 1.5
' Added options sheet
' Added Play Menu Option (stop/start copying art when visualization is disabled/enabled.)
How does this work? How to get to the "options sheet"?

3) About getting a clear (non-transparent) album art image:
MoDementia wrote:...Compare this image with the script screen shots
I take it that the only way is to pay for the professional license?

4) About getting a simpler album art screen saver:
MoDementia wrote:Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg and (Default).txt
This is great. It works. And I am very greatfull to you. But I supose there is no way to have both? the screensaver AND the visualisation (i.e. no visualisation if one is to "Clear out G-Force\Sprites")? E.g. by copying the "...SoundSpectrum\G-Force\Sprites\Folder.jpg" to some other folder?
/Knudmand
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

1) Type "\" (without the quotes) with the visualisation in focus. This will hide console messages including errors

2) Tools --> Options --> Player --> Gforce Album Art

3) Yes :(

4) No Problem running both but you can only see 1 at any 1 time?
[EDIT] I reread your previous post and perhaps you want to leave the visualisation unmodified but use the My Pictures Slideshow screen saver or some other variation? Don't quite understand what you are asking :(
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

Thanks as for 1) to 3).

As for 4): What I meant was that if one must clear out the "...SoundSpectrum\G-Force\Sprites\ " folder, so as to get the screen saver to work with the folder.jpg image, then one has lost functionality in the visualisation. That’s ok, but possibly your script could copy the image (folder.jpg) to some other folder, and then one could point the screensaver to there instead (hence leaving the G-Force visualisation intact)?

By the way, it got some errors with the update, when activating G-Force visualisation:
See them here http://www.rexnay.hostxd.com/Error.html
(I still don't know how to upload images to this forum…. sorry)
But, hey, it works just fine anyway.... :D
/Knudmand
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Still not 100% what you mean because installing the script only uses the folder.jpg for a sprite so umm technically its broken already :)

Anyway expect an update soon :)

The first pic is fixed using 1) Type "\" (without the quotes) with the visualisation in focus. This will hide console messages including errors

I got the second error today too, I think the install isn't working 100% will look at it soon.
MoDementia

Re: Album Art for G-Force v1.6 (26-06-2008) [MM3]

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 26-06-08 Version 1.6
' Screen Saver Only Option
' Added missing install code (fixes file not found error line 318)
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

MoDementia, Thanks for v1.6 of "Album Art for G-Force".... Great effort you have put into this.
I for one am happy just with the album art screen saver. As for visualization I do still get error
1)
I get errors in the G-Force visualization since I (like most) have not a US keyboard and can not apply the "Type \ with the visualization in focus" so as to get the error to go away. For us non-US we must type Alt-G and "\", which seems not to work (But yes, it works with the US keyboard applied).
2a)
When I use the” toggle Trail version nag images” I get errors:
Error #58 – Microsoft VBScript runtime error
File already exists
File: “C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\GForceAlbumArtOnStartup.vbs”
And 2b)
“Error executing script”
/Knudmand
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Knudmand,

Check the GForce forums for non us keyboard support, surely they have a way around it.

I can't reproduce the other error

Check the gforce directory ...\Resources (toggle inactive)
and
MM directory ...\Scripts (toggle active)
for file Resources.sstome
Sounds like it is in both places. It should only be in 1 at any time so delete 1 of them depending on the state of the toggle.
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

Hi MoDementia

I keep getting all sorts of errors. Seemingly, you endeavor is more complicated than initially evident. Anyway thanks for your effort. I am actually going to buy the G-Force Vis now. But, only if I can still have the “Now Playing Album Art Slideshow Screen Saver”, which your script well provides. Will it work with the Gold version?

One thing I thought of:

Might you want to extract, from your script, the bit which simply copies the “Now Playing Album Art” to a specific folder? I think that such a (simple?) script would be immensely popular providing the “Now Playing Album Art Slideshow Screen Saver”, and should be marketed for itself.

I.e. the two functions of your scrip should be split into two scipts. Don't you agree?

Anyway, thanks for all your work?
/Knudmand
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

Sorry about the "?" in "Anyway, thanks for all your work?"

I realy mean it: Your are a huge help to us music lovers, adding all sorts of functionality... to our life.
/Knudmand
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Knudmand,

Sorry to hear about your errors. It does sound like that an initial error has thrown the scripts expected state out of sync perhaps.

I suspect a complete uninstall of the script and probably G-Force (check for any left over files/directories and delete those too)
and reinstall G-force and then the script will fix any errors you are currently experiencing.

Although I haven't tested the script with a full version I don't expect there to be any issues (unless you purchase the basic version which dosent support overlays. see earlier post)

I have thought about adding an option to the install process just to add screen saver functionality but haven't got around to it yet :(

PS Your welcome. This was one of my first scripts and is still one of my favourites