Album Art for G-Force v1.6 (26-06-2008) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Post by Peke »

8) :lol: :P :oops: :roll: :wink: That also means I'm not perfect ;)

BTW Works nicely. You should Contact SoundSpectrum and get yourself Premium License for adding additional support for their plugin :)

Some Ideas:
- Ability to Force Showing of Front Cover even if it is on First Place

Note: If you need help (which I doubt you need) just ask.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 07-06-08 Version 1.2
' Preferred Cover Type = Front
drjboulder

Re: Album Art for G-Force v1.2 (07-06-2008) [MM3]

Post by drjboulder »

This is pretty cool, Mod!!!
MoDementia wrote: To Do:
Have it embedded in a dockable window (like Mini Lyrics)
This would make it awesome!!!
Nice work.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Thanks; yeah I love it, but without embedding it it's a little hard to use all the time :(

I think Steegy tried to embed G-Force like Milk Drop but it crashed, we have been trying to get native support for embedding visualisations for years :(
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Installer fails on registered version of GForce (Platinum). I attempted a manual install in MM and GForce. I copied \Scripts\Startup.txt and \Scripts\Album Art.txt to the GForce scripts dir.

MM3 shows the script in Extensions. But the album art image does not seem to be copied to the sprites dir.

Also, GForce added a message overlay that reads:
"A professional license is required in order to use the StartImageOverlay()."

Guess I'm punished for buying the Platinum version.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

rogerr wrote:Installer fails on registered version of GForce (Platinum). I attempted a manual install in MM and GForce. I copied \Scripts\Startup.txt and \Scripts\Album Art.txt to the GForce scripts dir.
I'm wondering if this is a Vista issue rather than a platinum issue?
Could you provide the path to the G-Force installation or better still search for the registry key something like

Code: Select all

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\G-Force\InstallLocation"
rogerr wrote:MM3 shows the script in Extensions. But the album art image does not seem to be copied to the sprites dir.
This is proably a result of the failed install, i.e. not knowing where g-force is installed.
rogerr wrote:Also, GForce added a message overlay that reads:
"A professional license is required in order to use the StartImageOverlay()."

Guess I'm punished for buying the Platinum version.
Yeah this really sucks :(
"StartImageOverlay() is only available if you're running a trial version of the vis or if you entered a professional license code."
Platinum does have album support but it does/doesn't work with MM?
You can modify the "Album Art.txt" to the following which should work.

// A script example...
// See "Script Command Reference.txt" and the G-Force docs for script documentation

0:00     

StartSprite( "Folder", 30 );

0:20.5

Run( "Album Art" );
In the mediamonkey ...Scripts\GForceAlbumArt.vbs you can change line
from

GForcePath = WShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\G-Force\InstallLocation")
to the actual path where G-Force is installed e.g.

GForcePath = "C:\Program Files\SoundSpectrum\G-Force"
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Thank you. Your modifications work for me.

Yes I have Vista and I did confirm that "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\G-Force\InstallLocation"
points to the correct location for GForce Platinum on my Vista computer.

Note to others: this does not allow album art overlay on GForce platinum, it adds the album art of the currently playing song to the GForce "sprites" image pool. The album art is integrated into the background of the vis.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Great, I'm glad you can get it to work if only in limited form.

Thanks for confirming the registry key but now I'm at a loss to explain the failed install :(

I will look into finding a version key so it can installl the appropriate complete or modified "Album Art.txt"

[EDIT] There is only the version number, no indication if it's trial, platium etc :(
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I think the install problem is related to Vista as I was getting "administrator confirmation" prompts when I was modifying/ adding files to the GForce program directories.

I have one remaining problem. Many of my mp3s have missing album art links. When one of these starts to play I get this error:

Error $434 - MS VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'img"
Line 98, COlumn 12

The area of code is:

Dim jpg : Set jpg = img.ConvertFormat(ImageSize,ImageSize,"image/jpeg",85,-1)
  If Not (jpg Is Nothing) Then
    Dim outimg : Set outimg = SDB.Tools.FileSystem.CreateTextFile(GForcePath & ImageName, True)
    outimg.WriteData jpg.ImageData, jpg.ImageDataLen
    outimg.Close
  End If
Is there anyway to catch and ignore this error?

Thanks again for your support!
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Ah I think you have the original version 1.1 still

1.2 has the fix, there are some instructions for installing scripts as administrator on vista somewhere :(

dont forget to backup the modified "album art.txt" or redo the modification
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

I was working with 1.2 (says so in the comments at the top of GForceAlbumArt.vbs)
Perhaps this is a different missing album art scenario. Most of my mp3s do not have embedded album art. I prefer to use the linked album art approach. The errors are generated when a link to album art is broken.
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

This is a fantastic visualisation add-on. It works ok for me, except for a few things:

1) ... the nag-screen "This is a trial…". How to get rid of this nag-screen that keeps coming up? I must get the gold version? But I somehow sensed that it only worked on the trial..

2) I removed the "Resources.sstome" as advised, but the G-Force stopped working… !?

Two questions:

A) MoDementia, how does one get it like on the image you posted in this thread Jun 30, 2006 12:59am. ?
MoDementia wrote:...Compare this image with the script screen shots
Because I include a custom G-Force script for the display, it can be modified to any taste manually, or even from a MM options sheet ...
I.e. how to get the clear (not faded) album art, and how to keep it on screen, until the next album art is needed?

B) Finally…, I actually was looking for a simpler album art screen saver that would float around the "now playing" album art. Does anyone have an idea as to this? – I.e. for the days when one gets a bit tired of to much visualisation…

Anyway: MoDementia, you've made a great script hack. G-Force should hire you…
/Knudmand
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

New Version

' 12-06-08 Version 1.3
' Toolbar option to toggle Trail version nag images (See GForceAlbumArtReadMe.txt)
' Fixed bad external art error

@ rogerr New version should fix the error

@ Knudmand

1) new version toolbar icon to remove nag-screen (start visualisation, click icon) (they got a little smarter in the latest version)

2) see 1

A) Don't know, thats from platinum version, I have registered with spectrum forum and will ask the question. I tried all the other options and none produce a solid image.

Change the "Album Art.txt" from

StartImageOverlay(	"Sprites/Folder.jpg", 
					1, 10, 1,
to

StartImageOverlay(	"Sprites/Folder.jpg", 
					0, 35, 0,
This will keep it on screen all the time.

[EDIT]
B) Use this script
Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg
Choose "My Pictures Slideshow" as a screen saver and point it to G-Force\Sprites folder
Knudmand

Post by Knudmand »

MoDementia wrote: New Version
' 12-06-08 Version 1.3
[...]
@ Knudmand
1) new version toolbar icon to remove nag-screen (start visualisation, click icon)
That’s great, and it worked just fine. But…,

-i) after I followed advice B), "… Clear out G-Force\Sprites…", the toggle button just turns the visualization off.
-ii) and when visualization is running, it generates the text "Error loading: Folder -- QuickTime is required for sprites beyond BMP's and JPGs."

Hence I take it that one can not have both G-Force visualization AND the album art screen saver effect?

As for A), getting a solid (non transparent) album art image in the visualization, you say:
MoDementia wrote: A) Don't know, thats from platinum version, I have registered with spectrum forum and will ask
Ok, I am not greedy. You have done enough. But for me, smart on-screen positive ID of what's playing is sometimes more important than fancy visualization. Like when playing poker with the boys, people like to just turn there head and learn what we are listening to….

As for the advice B). Fantastic !
MoDementia wrote: B) Use this script […] Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg […]
You have fixed a "want to have" that has been with me for almost a year. Who would have guessed that to get a simpler album art screen saver, which would float the now playing folder.jpg, one would have to use G-Force, and "Clear out G-Force\Sprites except for Folder.jpg"
Thanks! The next level of ambition is hence to get it like the image above...
/Knudmand

Post by Guest »

I have now tested some more. I believe there is a bug in the update.

I reinstalled both G-Force_381.exe and GForceAlbumArt_1_3.mmip, and still occasionally get this on-screen error: http://www.rexnay.hostxd.com/Error.html

(sorry for the external link, I'm new to this forum, and don't know how to upload images)