Bug in B 1.1 2.299 Error Message: Thread creation error...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

RichardBothne

Bug in B 1.1 2.299 Error Message: Thread creation error...

Post by RichardBothne »

I've loaded about 10,000 WMA files from 700 CDs into program. Works great. After playing an album or two (no playlist) this pop-up is displayed:

"Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this command."

Everything continues normally and then it pops up again, and again, etc. Music is continuing to play ok.

I have 512 MB of ram and lots of disk space. This happens under Win2k and XP.

Great program!

-Richard
jiri

Post by jiri »

It looks like Songs-DB doesn't release all resources correctly in some circumstances when playing WMA files. Until it is corrected, you can try to use Winamp for playing them (set it as a default player in the setup player dialog). However I'm not sure if it helps, the problem can be in plug-ins and they are generally speaking the same for both applications. Let me know about your results, please.
RichardBothne

Thread creation error

Post by RichardBothne »

Thanks for the quick reply. I will use WinAmp today and let you know.

-Richard
RichardBothne

Post by RichardBothne »

Ok. No dialog boxes when using WinApp as the player. When the dialog boxes appear the system seems to have plenty of memory.

I look forward to the next version.

-Richard
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, I can confirm that the problem is in the WMA input plug-in distributed with the current version of Songs-DB. However the WinAmp's plug-in works well, so if you want to use the internal player, just copy in_wm.dll from Winamp\Plugins directory to Songs-DB\Plugins (when Songs-DB is not running) and everything should be ok.
RichardBothne

Post by RichardBothne »

Works great. Thanks

-Richard