Crash when syncing with Spotify

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Grestorn

Crash when syncing with Spotify

Post by Grestorn »

I've been using MM for countless years and I couldn't be happier. I love to use my own elaborate playlists and had never any intention to use Spotify or anything else.

But now I have to use a playback service that can't import .m3u playlists (really?!), but they can connect to Spotify. So as a workaround, I tried to use the Sync feature of MM to get my playlists to Spotify. That works... well, acceptable. With some of the playlists, at least.

Today, I wanted to sync all of my playlists, but then I keep getting the following crash, "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'arists').

In the addon "spotify" at line 2450, the line reads
if(itm.artists && itm.artists.length ...

Obviously, this itm variable is not always initialized properly.

Also, I'd like to understand how the matching with Spotify is done. Sometimes it works surprisingly well, other times I'm surprised at the tracks or versions of given tracks it's finding. Is the artist and trackname the only thing used?
Grestorn

Re: Crash when syncing with Spotify

Post by Grestorn »

I've actually fixed the bug myself (by adding a check of itm being null), and by checking that code, I now also know how the matching is actually working.

Well, less than ideal, if you ask me. There is room for improvement, but it will certainly never be perfect. For that you'd need some kind of song hash matching.

Probably something that cannot be done easily, I'm afraid.
Ludek

Re: Crash when syncing with Spotify

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
this issue is already fixed in the latest 5.1.0 builds : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86639&sd=d