Server Inaccessable

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MabelVanA

Server Inaccessable

Post by MabelVanA »

I mainly use MM5 as DNLA server on a Win10 computer. When it works it's fabulous but starting the server is a chore every time.
- I've installed the server as a service; the services console confirms it's running after startup; with Task Manager i see MM in the list of background processes.
When I connect from my phone with MMA all goes well until I click a track to play: I see the 'loading' icon for a long time and then "Access Denied". Sometimes I get "server inaccessable".
Back to the windows computer. In Task Manager MM disappeared from the background processes. In 'services' something strange is going on: the process is indicated as 'running' but clicking with the right mouse button reveals that 'start' is available and 'stop' is greyed out.
Re-starting the service in the services console doesn't help; the same process occurrs time and again.
- I then start MM5 on the windows computer and try again with MMA. Same result: all goes well until I try playing a track.
- I close and restart MM5. Usually this time the server works - and keeps working. Sometimes a third retry is necessary.

Although, so far, I've always managed to get it working in the end, this is still a rather annoying (and time-consuming) way of starting a program :-)
Has anyone experienced something like this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Mabel
Lowlander

Re: Server Inaccessable

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?
MabelVanA

Post by MabelVanA »

@Lowlander: This was about MM 5.0.4.2690. I'll now try 5.0.4.2693...
My Windows: v. 22H2, build 19045.3636
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd recommend trying the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta as it has some improvements in this area that may solve the problem for you.