Should I switch to MMW5 yet?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

pokeefe0001

Should I switch to MMW5 yet?

Post by pokeefe0001 »

It's been well over a year since I last looked at MM v5 for Windows. I'd like to know if the show-stoppers I identified back then have been eliminated. Here are the requirements that our little non-profit dance group have.
  • It needs a skin similar enough to MMW4 Blue Monkey that 70-80 year old nontechnical users would feel at home
  • The "Playing" pane ("Now Playing" on MMW4) has to be able to be undocked and moved to a 2nd monitor. Or at least there needs to be something that looks like the "Now Playing" display that can be moved to the 2nd monitor. (It doesn't need the List/Edit/Copy controls.)
  • It needs something equivalent to the old PaceMaker tool to slow down and speed up playing.
  • It needs the ability to stop playing at any point between tracks.
I've learned enough about VBS and MM functions to do a very small amount of MMW4 customization but I don't know JS and HTML/CSS (and have no need to know beyond MM support) so I won't be able to do my own creation of unavailable functions.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Rob_S

Re: Should I switch to MMW5 yet?

Post by Rob_S »

Personally, I think you should just try out the latest beta version to get better idea where it is at. Not everything is as you would like it to be, but you may find workarounds and there may be some things you will like.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks