[2822] MM Analyze Volume, scans more than selected amount

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

robojock

[2822] MM Analyze Volume, scans more than selected amount

Post by robojock »

Hi,

With build 5.1.0.2822 if i select a certain amount of tracks in a playlist, say it has "33 tracks" mm will start scanning a completely different amount of tracks "297 tracks" where i only selected 33. Like in the screenshot Image

Second Screenshot "20 tracks" selected, scanning 297 tracks.

I sent debug with support ticket #6490.

Oh and with the debug version when i close it, it crashes. i sent 2 crash reports.
Lowlander

Re: [2822] MM Analyze Volume, scans more than selected amount

Post by Lowlander »

Are selecting full Albums or certain tracks on an Album. For Album Volume the whole Album gets analyzed.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Individual tracks added to playlists, so it is not complete albums. First noticed the problem under classification node and in playlists too. Works as it should under Artists and Albums Node
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When using Analyze Volume it will analyze the full Album even if only 1 file on the Album was selected to be analyzed. This is likely the source of the discrepancy you're seeing.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This looks normal if you have Album analyze enabled at Tools -> Options -> Player -> Volume Leveling this can be in thousands if you enable Auto analyze for unanalyzed tracks.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
robojock

Post by robojock »

No it's not normal... I select a certain amount of songs in a playlist and right click and tell mm to analyze the songs, instead of the amount of songs i selected mm just starts analyzing random and more songs than selected. Always reproducible in playlists and classification node. Does not happen when selecting songs in artist / album node
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying files not on the Albums included in the selection are being analyzed.

As mentioned a higher number of files being analyzed is expected.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't replicate it at any node if I disable all three options, which forces analyze no matter if tracks already had Volume index.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
robojock

Post by robojock »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:21 pm Are you saying files not on the Albums included in the selection are being analyzed.

As mentioned a higher number of files being analyzed is expected.
Yes, another example, playlist has 6263 files selected, right click analyze tracks, bottom left now mm is saying there 64960 songs to be analyzed, i only selected 6263

robojock

Post by robojock »

Peke wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:23 pm Hi,
I can't replicate it at any node if I disable all three options, which forces analyze no matter if tracks already had Volume index.
i can always replicate, if i select a few songs in artist node or album node, the mm on analyzes those songs selected
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As mentioned, if you select 1 track for analysis, it will analyze all tracks on the Album. This is likely what's happening. All unselected files on selected Albums are also being analyzed. This is expected.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:34 pm As mentioned, if you select 1 track for analysis, it will analyze all tracks on the Album. This is likely what's happening. All unselected files on selected Albums are also being analyzed. This is expected.
No it's NOT! MM 5.0.4.2693... 6263 selected to analyze. 6263 are being analyzed

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As mentioned, this is by design. All files on an Album will be analyzed when files on an Album are selected to be analyzed, so that Album Volume can be calculated for the selected files.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 pm As mentioned, this is by design. All files on an Album will be analyzed when files on an Album are selected to be analyzed.
When did this "design" become active in mm? So if i have a playlist with 1000 songs and each song belongs to an album which contains 20 songs each mm will now decide to to scan all those albums too? Where i just wanted to scan only 1000 songs?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As Peke mentioned this happens when you have When analyzing Track volume, also analyze Album volume enabled under Tools > Options > Volume leveling. Disable the option and this won't happen.