De Googled Phones ...Can I buy the APK directly

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

De Googled Phones ...Can I buy the APK directly

Post by 7570 »

Hi there,

My new phone is on the e/os no google play store and good riddance

I want to buy the android and the windows product directly from you, the android product is more time sensitive as I need it for reading audio books. Thus I guess I need the "apk" I can pay ya via paypall if that works, or let me know if you have another suggestion. I dont want free versions, as if ya dont pay for the product, then YOU are the product... I dont want my data available to data miners. any help would be great... thanks for listening to me rant.
Lowlander

Re: De Googled Phones ...Can I buy the APK directly

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Windows can be purchased, but the Android App can only be purchased from either the Google Play or Amazon App stores.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Also, just an fyi: we don't collect/use/or share your data except as outlined in our privacy policy (which basically says that we only use it for the purposes of providing functionality--e.g. if you look up information then some metadata is shared with us or whatever sites provide the information OR for the purposes of providing support--e.g. crashlogs or debug logs).

As far as this goes, there's no difference between the free and paid versions.

-Rusty

Post by 7570 »

Awesome response.

I am messing with the free version on my non de googled phone with limited success, but it is working.
I will buy the windows version for my PC for the "big test" next week I figure.

In terms of the data collection issue... I am not so worried about you guys having the data.
My issue is that google will use your product to map what media I have on the device and use it
for whatever purposes from spyware to adds. I suggest you install an adriod app called "rethink" and
watch what info your phone is sending to feed the insatiable "analytics"

If I run an amazon audio book, I get hit with "ads" I dont care so much about the ads as I do in terms of
who else is getting my info and using it to spy on me. with the movement toward "social credit" crap
I dont want to get a penalty for reading a book the govt doesnt like.

Speaking of amazon, the monkey does not see the amazon library, as it is in the garbage proprietary format.
Is there a work around for that?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To add, any data and samples you send to us is strictly used for fixing MM issues and not lent/shared/documented with anyone except ticket handler and developer assigned to fix issue. If you ask it is destroyed as soon as bug is fixed or found out where problem is and we can use our own samples.

Re Amazon: Have not looked closely, but even if we could use their DB they would possibly ask us to share some info on device library, so no no. This was not first time as for same reason MM do not use Gracenote (CDDB) after it went commercial, nor MM was developed for iOS devices (not only because of sharing info stats, but also proprietary and privacy concerns).

So answer is unfortunately no, but you can monitor folders with Amazon downloaded files in order to add them in MMA library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GustavoWilliamson

Post by GustavoWilliamson »

Hi there,

My new phone is on the e/os no google play store and good riddance

I want to buy the android and the windows product directly from you, the android product is more time sensitive as I need it for reading audio books. Thus I guess I need the "apk" I can pay ya via paypall if that works, or let me know if you have another suggestion. I dont want free versions, as if ya dont pay for the product, then YOU are the product... I dont want my data available to data miners. any help would be great... thanks for listening to me rant.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Android is only sold via the Google Play and Amazon App stores. The stores manage the licensing of paid versions of the application.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My best suggestion is to side load Amazon store Do the install and purchase from there. It does not need Google services.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts