No Message - Song already in the Playlist

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

1001Musik

No Message - Song already in the Playlist

Post by 1001Musik »

Translated:
Currently I'm trying to organize my Songs on the Tablet. That's not so easy, because it's not that comfortable and lacks functions.

I have noticed that:
1. If I add a song to a Playlist that already has one, there is no warning Message
2. If I delete a Song on the Tablet, it is back on the Tablet after a sync (already reported in another Thread). I don't understand why there is this delete Function if it doesn't do anything permanently.
3. I can't see anywhere if a song is already in a Playlist.
4. I don't see any genre when playing. It's far too cumbersome to go to the properties for that.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 5.1.0.2813 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation"
MM Android 2.0.0.1099 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Samsung S23 Ultra / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
Lowlander

Re: No Message - Song already in the Playlist

Post by Lowlander »

2. Do you have Sync set to Sync Playlists back to MMW?
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

Thanks Lowlander for the feedback.

I have it set up like the picture in your link. However, I did not select or tick any of the folders above. I also see C:\Users\XXXXXX\ below Destination. I am using MM5 Portal

But I don't know which setting I have to make there so that deleted songs on the tablet are also deleted on the PC.

1. I've gotten into the habit of moving songs to playlists in the evenings when listening to music on my tablet. Unfortunately, it is nowhere visible whether a song is already included. So I inevitably keep adding a song to a playlist, even though it's often already there. You could save yourself this way if there were an overview for it.
2. When listening, I like to add another genre to fill my autoplay lists. Firstly I don't see any genre on the tablet when playing and secondly it's cumbersome to add another one.
WiFi Syncing

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no method to have files deleted from the device to be deleted from PC on Sync. This could be very risky and result in unwanted data loss. You may want to add such files to a Playlist or rate half star (if unused) so that you can delete manually from MMW after Sync.
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I am currently doing this workaround to delete unwanted songs on the PC. It's just a bit cumbersome.
For the other little problems like displaying genres and playlists, there will probably be no solution for the next few years? MM5 is a music management program, so that's part of it for me.
WiFi Syncing

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's being discussed internally. Perhaps deletions may work both ways in the future, but the risk needs to be considered in enabling this.