"Grand access" issues

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

triffid800

"Grand access" issues

Post by triffid800 »

Hello. Since the latest update I cannot grand access to the sd card. Thus, I cannot delete or edit the files. When I press "grand access" I get the instructions of how to do it but when I select a folder I get the message "path cardSD/ggg was not requested, please choose from the list above". If I press "use this folder" as instructed, I get the message "to protect your privacy choose another folder ".
What could I do?
Lowlander

Re: "Grand access" issues

Post by Lowlander »

What device manufacturer and Android version is this with?

Are you using Music as folder or something else?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

triffid800

Post by triffid800 »

Realme 8, Android 12

I tried using "Music" folder but nothing happened. I' m still getting the same errors.
rusty

Post by rusty »

And are you using MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1076 or higher? If not, please upgrade and try again.

EDIT: And please make certain that you're actually attempting to grant access to the folders to which your music is stored:
- Verify that the appropriate folders have been enabled in MMA Options > Library & Sync > Choose library folders
- Make sure that you're not attempting to grant access to the SD Card root directory. The error that you're receiving can occur if you try to grant access to the root folder.

Does that solve the problem?
If, after trying the above, the bug still occurs, then then can you submit a debug log right after it occurs (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

Thanks!

-Rusty