Android Auto: MMA2 beta, resume playback [#19944]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Android Auto: MMA2 beta, resume playback [#19944]

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

I wonder how can I force MMA to resume playback where it stopped when returning back into car?

I did not configure MMA nor Android Auto to automatically start playback, but nevertheless, MMA always starts at the very first track it founds in its database.

Why does MMA not resume starting from the last track played especially when a playlist was active before leaving the car?
Lowlander

Re: MMA2 beta, resume playback

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build of MMA2 are you experiencing this with. Here it always continues playback on the file that was playing previously.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

It's version2.0.0.1068 with Android Auto version 9.0.130844, beta.
However had this issue with some AA beta versions before, too.

Android Auto has Coolwalk enabled, btw.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And the problem is only when using Android Auto? Bluetooth are App resume work as expected?
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

MMA, or better the smartphone is connected using BT, means wireless, with the head unit.

When opening MMA on my smartphone solely, it shows the last played track on bottom of the app and I can resume playback from there.

This is not the same track MMA shows on Android Auto when re-entering the car and switching to AA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce, Android Auto resumes playback in the track that playback was left before.

Can you please send a log from MMA right after this happen and respond here with the logID, the song that played, and the song you expected to play?
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Did some more research.

When starting Android Auto, no autoplay customized neither in MMA nor in AA, I get this situation in MMA. Sorry for those German UI, but I guess you get the meaning of the images.

When activating this option in Android Auto, not in MMA:

and starting AA the next time when in car, I see this:

You spot the difference?

When autoplay is enabled in AA, MMA stores the last track when leaving the car.
When autoplay is disabled, MMA show me some kine of default UI, and does not offer to resume playback, starting from the last track.

Maybe it's a feature, maybe not. Anyway, I would prefer MMA also memorize the last played track so I can continue listing...
Or did I miss the obvious and the very last item of the first image is just what I want to see on my side?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Swipe right on the first image, I assume it will show the Player. ie. the first image shows the second of 2 screens, the second shows the first.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

yes, sure swiping left or right will show the main screen of MMA, however this is not what I would like to ask/report:
My question was more or less about resuming a previous stopped playback when leaving the car.
Obviously there is a difference between turning on the AA option, as shown in the middle image and turning it off.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wouldn't it be expected that if you don't enable to resume that it doesn't resume? If you do want to resume playback you need to enable the option to do so.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

You are correct, of course! That's my expectation, too.

Nevertheless, I would expect that MMA at least shows me the track where I left but do not resume automatically.
M3wThr33

Post by M3wThr33 »

I'm getting the same on the new Coolwalk with Android Auto. MMA2 doesn't resume properly. It goes straight to the "Play Tracks" or "Play Tracks (Shuffled)" choices and that's it. Swiping over just goes to a "That's It!" screen saying there's no more suggestions.

The new Coolwalk radically changed how music players show and play music and I guess MMA2 isn't handling that properly.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Still seeing this, but I now learned to live with this annoyance.

However, I occasionally switch to a different player e.g.Omnia or Pulsar.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please share Debug log ID after Playback is resumed so that we can analyze what commands MMA received from AA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, we have an Android Auto fix coming up in the next beta. Hopefully it'll help with this issue (I'm not seeing it).

btw, does setting either of the following help for you?
a) Options > Playback > Limit list size for external apps : 0
b) Options > UI > Notifications > Show in notifications bar: Always have any impact on this behavior for either of you?

Thanks!

-Rusty

note: tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19944