Artwork Lookup fails/incorrect [#19714]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

stonefree

Artwork Lookup fails/incorrect [#19714]

Post by stonefree »

Hi,

The problem is that MediaMonkey for Android is either not fetching artwork for certain artists/albums, or fetching obscure covers instead of the album cover that was present on the CD being issued.

Paula Cole's This Fire Album is not fetching artwork, the wheel spins but then you are left with a white page. In the previously released MediaMonkey v1 that album was being fetched successfully.

One strange thing is that some artwork seems to have gone missing, but I'm not sure when it happened, it might be on the first MediaMonkey 2 beta, but I wasn't paying attention for a while.

Black Sabbath eponymous debut, "Black Sabbath" is fetching some random "Manchester 1989" Sabbath picture, rather than the usual painting of a house in mainly purple covers that the original issue of the album had.

The problem is on MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1059.
rusty

Re: Artwork Bug

Post by rusty »

Thanks--I can confirm! Tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19714

-Rusty
Zonky

Re: Artwork Lookup fails/incorrect [#19714]

Post by Zonky »

Maybe related to my observation with Android Auto latest beta (with Coolwalk enabled), too:

I've synchronized at least three playlists from MMW 5.x to MMA beta (latest version) and noticed that some of the tracks do not show up an artwork on AA. On Windows the artwork show up however and is stored in tags as type cover.

rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Zonky,

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, are you pointing out an Android Auto-specific issue with MMA? i.e. for tracks that have artwork in MMW, but are missing the artwork in Android Auto, is the artwork also missing from MMA proper?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Exactly!

The above photo was taken at the time the track was already playing, but the artwork is missing on Android Auto (build: 8.7.130204-release.daily)

Those are the properties from MMW 5.x of this track. As you might see, the artwork is there, in AA it's missing.

Maybe that's because of another posted issue: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=103478
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for clarifying. If the artwork is also missing from MMA proper, then it's likely this issue:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19690

(i.e. it's missing from Android Auto because it's missing from MMA itself)

-Rusty
Zonky

Re: Artwork Lookup fails/incorrect [#19714, #19690]

Post by Zonky »

Unfortunately, it's not the case, the artwork is available in MMA properties or when playing the track solely in MMA without a connection to Android Auto.

However, as mentioned above, I guess this issue is due to the slow responsiveness of MMA in Android Auto as written elsewhere.
stonefree

Post by stonefree »

I'm also getting lesser quality covers where for some reason instead of using the picture that appears on the front of the booklet, I'm instead getting a picture of the CD box.

MediaMonkey has just looked up "Warsaw Or The First Breath You Give Up" by "Them Crooked Vultures" and instead of just the red cover with the man/vulture I'm getting a picture of the CD which contains the booklet cover.