Several problems beginning with Tags

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

primem0ver

Several problems beginning with Tags

Post by primem0ver »

I purchased a version of this software on my phone. I uninstalled it because it refused to update the id3 tag information when I rewrote the id3 tags for an audiobook that was incorrectly tagged using a bad audigy converter (track numbers, title, etc and yes, I purchased the book). The book played backwards (in terms of track numbers). Now when I copy the correctly id'd files over it STILL plays the book backwards. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and still get the same problem. Any other player plays the tracks in the correct order. Same thing happens when I delete the folder and then copy the new folder with updated files onto the phone.

When I try playback through the file manager opening one file at a time (using Media Monkey to open the file), it plays the correct file but it displays the wrong file information. I have checked multiple times in multiple ways to make sure the id tag info is correct. How do I fix this problem? I want the entire Media Monkey id info database to be rebuilt.
primem0ver

Re: Several problems beginning with Tags

Post by primem0ver »

Sorry... title is misleading. I had another couple of problems but they seem to have resolved themselves. (I couldn't re-install my purchased version but it seems to have activated automatically after installing the free version).
Lowlander

Re: Several problems beginning with Tags

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're using MediaMonkey for Android (MMA), not MediaMonkey for Windows. Is that correct?