Couple of Questions

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Couple of Questions

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on the Playlist in the Playlist node and select Edit. It will open the Playlist in a panel. Note this is only for regular Playlists, not AutoPlaylists.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

So, for OP Hdhntr23 , it appears you can avoid it (the edit window) popping up by drag and dropping the track onto the desired playlist!
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
mittim13

Post by mittim13 »

I second adding the option to prevent the playlist from showing up when you add a track to it with the right click menu. I'm all for minimizing the number of mouse clicks to do actions, and having to close the playlist every time I add a song to it is really annoying!!!
mittim13

Do not automatically show the playlist when adding a song via right click

Post by mittim13 »

Hi Mediamonkey staff,
When I use the right click menu to add a song to a playlist, the playlist contents pop up in a column in a view in the middle of the application. Right click > Send To > Playlist > "My Playlist Name". Then on the right side of the center pane, the playlist pops up. This is extremely annoying, and I can't see any option to prevent this from happening.

My use case is that I'll often buy songs in batches of 5-10, and add them to my library. I go to a Recently Added autoplaylist and use that to add the songs to other playlists where they fit in. When I do this, all the other playlists pop up when I add the song, which I don't want. Please provide a way to turn off the "auto-show playlist" or whatever this is when I add a song via the right-click menu.

Thanks.
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

One of the more annoying things about this "feature" is that even when I do add titles to a playlist and it pops up to the right... the song I just added isn't highlighted?

Please look at adding this functionality along with the option to turn off the playlist pop up feature.

Thanks!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I don't use static playlists, but I can see why the enforced auto-opening of playlists panels would be very annoying when adding playlists, especially where you are adding tracks to multiple playlists.

I also agree the comment that where a playlist panel is auto-opened, it should preselect the track which triggered the opening.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Jim Kelly

Post by Jim Kelly »

I am still getting used to using MM5, but I certainly agree with the concerns raised in this threads. Screen realestate is always very limited and anything that can be done to assist us in seeing exactly what we want to see will be very much appreciated.

Not having the function of double-clicking the barrier between two columns to expand the column width is a very frustrating decision. Expanding a column width manually is difficult too, especially when the needed column is near the right hand edge of the window/box. Surely the testers have urged these things to be addressed [Windows 10]?

Funny thing is, every now and again, the column-width jumps to wide, making the tediousness seem like a bug when it won't!

I get the feeling that something is limiting the transition from 'everything fitting left-to-right' to the normal paradigm of 'using a horizontal slider to move everything left-to-right'.

Thanks.
Jim Kelly
--
Jim Kelly
MMW Lifetime Gold v5.0.4.2692 Portable install with 25,000 MUSIC tracks on a 2TB (Samsung T7) Portable SSD.
Microsoft Surface Book-2, 15" 3240x2160 Notebook Computer, 16gb, 1TB SSD.
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit , Version: 22H2, OS build: 19045.3448 with current patches.
Used as above about 50% of time, and the balance attached to a Microsoft Dock to:
LAN, 3.5mm audio-out, other storage, and two extra displays via Display-ports:
30" 2560x1600 and 24" 1920x1200 (in portrait orientation), MM5 is extended across these two displays.
Also use MMRemote to provide rating edits, volume, mute, next, prev, etc whilst mobile, via WiFi.
MPG

Post by MPG »

It's been over 5 months sine the request to remove th Playlist pop-up. Can we get an eta on when it will be implemented? Getting very very frustrated. :evil:
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry, this must slipped thru unfortunately. We are glad that you users bump us from time to time.

I added and created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19835 in order to address it.

Let us know if I missed something.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MPG

Post by MPG »

Works for me. Thanks for your continued support
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Peke wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:34 pm Hi,
Sorry, this must slipped thru unfortunately. We are glad that you users bump us from time to time.

I added and created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19835 in order to address it.

Let us know if I missed something.
Hi Peke,

Would it be possible to add short cut keys to send the selected files to:
1). A New Playlist i.e. displays "- New Playlist -" title and added selection of files ready to be named e.g. Ctrl+Shift+N
2). An existing Playlist i.e. displays the list of existing playlists that can be scrolled / selected so the selection can be added e.g. Ctrl+Shift+A

These shortcuts would greatly improve the efficiency of adding a lot of files to (e.g. album) Playlists from a node / search / collection etc.

Thanks.
Ian
Ian Taylor
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 am 1). A New Playlist i.e. displays "- New Playlist -" title and added selection of files ready to be named e.g. Ctrl+Shift+N
If I got you correctly, you would like to have shortcut for Add to New playlist?
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 am 2). An existing Playlist i.e. displays the list of existing playlists that can be scrolled / selected so the selection can be added e.g. Ctrl+Shift+A
Not sure I understand what you actually want. Screenshot of view showing what would shortcut do when pressed at that screen.
Best regards,
Peke
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Peke wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:27 pm Hi,
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 am 1). A New Playlist i.e. displays "- New Playlist -" title and added selection of files ready to be named e.g. Ctrl+Shift+N
If I got you correctly, you would like to have shortcut for Add to New playlist?
Hi Peke,

Yes starting from a selection:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=dyTtHh

Create a new playlist using Ctrl+Shift+N (for example)
https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... Q?e=hUivTt

So it can be named / saved / closed
https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... Q?e=hUivTt
Last edited by IanRTaylorUK on Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Taylor
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please correct image links (See my signature how)
Best regards,
Peke
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Peke wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:27 pm Hi,
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 am
2). An existing Playlist i.e. displays the list of existing playlists that can be scrolled / selected so the selection can be added e.g. Ctrl+Shift+A
Not sure I understand what you actually want. Screenshot of view showing what would shortcut do when pressed at that screen.
Hi Peke,

This time rather than going straight to a new Play List, provide the list of existing Play Lists so selected tracks can be added.

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... A?e=Isk4fm

This would result in a couple of cases (existing functionality):
a). Tracks added as they are not part of Play List
b). Confirmation Dialogue warning that Duplicate File(s) Detected with Yes / No / Cancel

Discussion
=========
For my use case, the combination of MMW5 and MMA2 has driven me in the direction of creating even more Play Lists. Whilst a small portion of these ~1500 Play Lists are "Auto", I typically create a Play List per Album (and make the lists hierarchical if more than a handful of album for a given artist).

To be able to quickly create a new Play List (or add to an existing one) if most desirable. The could be from an existing node, a search / filter and even a user defined Collection. For example, a user might create a Collection for tracks with a low bit rate then send this list to a Play List. The Play List could then be synched to a device(s) so that the "Low Bit Rate" tracks can be reviewed on a trip, during exercise etc.

The review might result in the tracks being star-rated or Genre (e.g. Poor Quality) being added on the device. These edits being sync'd back from MMA to MMW5.

Currently, MMW5 (and MMW4) takes the user along a long path of Send To / Playlist / Which Playlist... The current resulting dialogue screens can become quite large / cumbersome once a significant number of Playlists exist. The proposal is to offer an option to bypass / reduce this.
Ian Taylor