Files Are Getting Tagged Wrong?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Hdhntr23

Files Are Getting Tagged Wrong?

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Hey guys,

This never seemed to happen with MM4 and I'm wondering why it's happening with 5...

My files for some reason are being misnamed. I have over 55K files all of which I have painstakingly tagged to my specs. This process has taken me YEARS to get it as close to perfect as possible. For some reason some of my files have be re-tagged with some of the order messed up.

What can I do to fix this? Other than fixing each one manually of course.

Here are some screenshots:

Here's how several of my files look now:

Here's how my files SHOULD look minus one that's incorrect

Here's how my files SHOULD look minus one that's incorrect
Last edited by Hdhntr23 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Re: Files Are Getting Tagged Wrong?

Post by Lowlander »

What File Type(s) and which version of MediaMonkey? Did you take the MediaMonkey 4 database to MediaMonkey 5?
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:41 pm What File Type(s) and which version of MediaMonkey? Did you take the MediaMonkey 4 database to MediaMonkey 5?
Yes I brought over my MM4 into my MM5 (at least I THINK I did????... how can I tell?) My version of MM5 is: 5.0.3.2627

Here is a screenshot of my file types affected:

Peke

Post by Peke »

For start update to latest Beta from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unfortunately there is no way for us to tell. You'd have been offered to import it on install of MediaMonkey 5. It should then have the same tags as MediaMonkey 4, until you modify them in some way in MediaMonkey 5.

You could try a rescan, making sure you disable for only changed timestamp/size, to see if scanning picks up the missing tags. Are you sure the tags are in order in the files themselves?

There is nothing in MediaMonkey that would've automatically removed tags, nor are there reports of a bug causing this. The files may not have had tags and thus they didn't scan in or you may have done an accidental mass tagging where certain tags were removed.