Queue to Monitor

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

spiky

Queue to Monitor

Post by spiky »

Hello - In MM4 I can select a tracks, press the right-click button, display a menu, and type Q to send those tracks to the bottom of the playlist in foobar2000 when DJing.

How do I get this back in MM5? I've used it for so long, I don't remember if it was an add-in or not.

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Queue to Monitor

Post by Lowlander »

Right click and select Play Last from the Context Menu.
spiky

Post by spiky »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:31 pm Right click and select Play Last from the Context Menu.
That would add it to the end of the MediaMonkey now-playing list. I want to add it to the end of the now-playing list in another application, Foobar2000, which is playing out to my external soundcard while I pre-listen in MediaMonkey. That's what "Queue to Monitor" did in MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An External Player is not an option (unless Casting).
spiky

Post by spiky »

That's a pity. Is it some sort of policy decision, not to allow prelistening/use for DJing any more?
spiky

Post by spiky »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:42 pm An External Player is not an option (unless Casting).
I have now written the extension myself, and an external player works fine. It uses utils.shellExecute(playerpath, parameters).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please consider submitting this Addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addon_system/admin/