2226 - Crash on Scratch

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Graves

2226 - Crash on Scratch

Post by Graves »

Hello,

I'm currently *trying* to rip some CDs using MM5.
As 2223 had some troubles doing so already, I thought an update might make sense.

Now, 2226 crashes when trying to retrieve data from CDDB for a scratched disk.
Actually, it hangs and repeatedly requests the same error report to be sent: CADDD5CB

Whilst the program itself can only be killed with task manager.

[Restart] NEVER works btw.

KR
Graves

Re: 2226 - Crash on Scratch

Post by Graves »

Plus, it hurts me to tell, but Windows Media Player ripped the CD with ease :(
Graves

Post by Graves »

another edit:
It wasn't the scratch.
Retrieving CDDP/Musicbrainz info simply doesn't work at all any more.
And MM5 crashes on every single attempt.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Tried and could not replicate, I have several burned (Cigarette), punctured, Scratched, piled CDs and tried them all to RIP and crash MM5 2226 without success.

As an excuse to test I even went to lengths to connect my Old Yamaha CRW-F1 and Teac CD 540E/W540E. No issues at all.

PLease open support ticket and supply us with debug log as described here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=30&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Graves

Post by Graves »

If you can't replicate nor learn what had happened from the supplied logs I rather assume it might have been Windows' fault. Never exactly know what it does since v10.

I reverted back to MM5 2223 yesterday, issue gone.

Nevermind :-)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I am also unable to replicate using any Audio CD that I own.

In the log CADDD5CB I see that you were using the Freedb protocol, in 2223 we added the 'MusicBrainz' protocol and made it as default as the Freedb is going to shutdown soon.

AFAIK the only change between 2223 and 2226 is the default view used for the looked up audio CD.
In your log I see that UI frozen in the "List (by Album)" view of the CD, but I don't see why yet.
Could you please check whether it freezes also in the "List" view?
Could you please share your settings in Options > Library > Metadata Lookup > Audio CD metadata lookup section ?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi again, after reviewing CADDD5CB again and after the code revision I probably found the reason for the possible freeze.
Will be fixed in 2227, so please re-test in 2227 once is available.

Thanks!
Graves

Post by Graves »

Ludek wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm In the log CADDD5CB I see that you were using the Freedb protocol, in 2223 we added the 'MusicBrainz' protocol and made it as default as the Freedb is going to shutdown soon.
I ripped several CDs and therefore often switched between musicbrainz and CDDB... as mentioned, I tried to switch to solve the error, too.

Ludek wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm AFAIK the only change between 2223 and 2226 is the default view used for the looked up audio CD.
In your log I see that UI frozen in the "List (by Album)" view of the CD, but I don't see why yet.
Could you please check whether it freezes also in the "List" view?
Now that I know I CAN, list view will definitely become my default CD view!
Something like an "Album View" doesn't make any sense when displaying a CD anyway, does it? I mean, how many albums can one have on one (Audio-) CD :D

Ludek wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:59 pm Could you please share your settings in Options > Library > Metadata Lookup > Audio CD metadata lookup section ?
Pretty default - taken from 2223 now of course:

Ludek wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:08 pm Hi again, after reviewing CADDD5CB again and after the code revision I probably found the reason for the possible freeze.
Will be fixed in 2227, so please re-test in 2227 once is available.
Will do, thanks!
Graves

Post by Graves »

Speaking of CDDB shutting down and using musicbrainz as an alternative...
How 'bout implementing discogs as well? They got nearly everything!