MediaMonkey on Windows 10 Minimize Button problem [#12811]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

t1gsp

MediaMonkey on Windows 10 Minimize Button problem [#12811]

Post by t1gsp »

On Windows, Desktop version of MediaMonkey has a problem with the Minimize Button (Windows 10 Insider Preview - build 10130)...

It looks strange; not the "dash" icon that is typical of the Minimize Button.

Also, clicking it doesn't Minimize the window; it brings up a Pop-Up List of MiniPlayer or some other option also.

This behavior is very annoying, and gets in the way of proper application functionality.

PLEASE FIX.

Thanks.
dtsig

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows (Desktop) - Minimize Button prob

Post by dtsig »

This behavior is very annoying .. although I am sure IF it is a problem with MMW they will address it .. i have to smile. You are using a BETA os and are annoyed with MMW about a little graphic at top right. Not with the fact that 10, like 8 before it visually is trashy .. but with the little button at the top. :D
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > General and make sure minimize to miniplayer isn't enabled. It may be the problem.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

"Tools > Options > General and make sure minimize to miniplayer isn't enabled. It may be the problem"
Thanks for this bit, however that's not the problem; Minimize to Taskbar is set on my MediaMonkey installation.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Can you post a screenshot so we can see what you're looking at?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

Here is a LINK to the annotated screenshot displaying the weird minimize button:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... file%2cpng
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Looks like Windows 10 is combining/misinterpreting the Change to Miniplayer down arrow and the minimize to taskbar underscore.
Have you tried it with another skin? This is likely a Windows 10 issue (might just be weird for now until kinks can get worked out on ours and/or
their side).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜

Post by Guest »

Do you get the same thing in non-skinned version?
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

Here is a new screenshot (follow the Share Link) of MediaMonkey on Windows 10 Insider Preview with the program set to Non-Skinned version. The MiniPlayer and Minimize buttons overlap.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... file%2cpng
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you tried it with the regular .exe (skins allowed) with more than one skin?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MMFrLife wrote:Have you tried it with the regular .exe (skins allowed) with more than one skin?
The skin is not going to make a difference. It looks that MM just has the minimize to mini/micro button a set number of pixels from the right side of the titlebar. Since the size/layout of the min/restore/close buttons have changed in Win 10, the devs will need to roll out an update. I'm sure that will happen soon.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

MMFrLife wrote:Have you tried it with the regular .exe (skins allowed) with more than one skin?
Not yet. I will try this and post back.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

With the other (skins) enabled, the button is kind-of combined in overlay, and in function also. Strange behavior. I agree that the devs of MediaMonkey will likely need to roll out an update.

Behavior of overlayed Close To MiniPlayer/Standard Windows Minimize button is this:

If you click on the left half of the mixed up overlay button, you get the MiniPlayer options,

If you click on the far right side of the mixed up overlay button, you get Standard Windows OS minimize the window behavior.

I just wanted to clarify how this "combined button" behaves, for anyone else using Windows 10 Insider Preview.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

Since MediaMonkey 4.1.8.1751 was released today, August 4, 2015, AND Windows 10 has been officially released, I think this error should now be fixed by the coding team.

Windows 10 has a 4 icon setup on the Windows now:

Fullscreen, Minimize, Maximize, and Close.

http://imgur.com/DLLl4QT

You guys may want to update your code.