Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

great, it is ignoring them now.

Also, could you please tell me what the other boxes are for?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Deadman36g wrote:Image
enabled enables/disables it on the tree node
simplyred/paint it black changes the color of the toolbar icon
bitrate/etc sorts the query so you can prefer the highest/lowest bitrate or other criteria in the list
logging enables some detailed debug log info to lastfmnode.vbs.log
avoid dupes prevents multiple files of the same title from appearing
time out pops out a dialog if last.fm times out,
10 is the number of related artists that appear on the tree when you expand an artist etc node
25 seconds time out

dj mode options---
dj mode enable/disable (does not quite work right, use the last.fm icon on the toolbar)
dj random will pick a random track from the found related tracks instead of the first found track
46 = min rating
4 = how many days before a track can repeat
7 = how many hours an artist can repeat
30 = limits number of found tracks (ie stop at 30 found)
2 = number of retries if no tracks found
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Thanks a bunch,

also are there any plans to add the options details to the GUI?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

The details are in the mouse over, I don't know why it isn't working for you tho. Perhaps restart MM or computer.

Maybe at some point I will make the options prettier, but there are other things I need to work on before that, that I have not had much time to do.. and normally once you set the options you probably won't need to mess with them much.
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

ok, hopefully I can get the problem with the mouse hover sorted, thanks a ton for your lightning fast replies.

Edit: Reboot fixed it
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

This is a great script and I "love" it, but and there is always a but...

I have a bit of a request for a future update and a related issue...

As for the issue, while looking at the logs to see how tracks are found and not found, I noticed that tracks I have were excluded because of slight naming differences. For example,

Code: Select all

5/24/2008 2:26:25 AM: Last.FM Node Top Tracks By Tag :> Elapsed Time: 2 < Found:> 0/1 < Searching for:> Beyoncé - Irreplaceable
5/24/2008 2:26:25 AM: QueryLibrary: begin with Beyoncé, Irreplaceable
5/24/2008 2:26:26 AM:  QueryLibrary did not find any tracks
However, in my library I have

Artist:  Beyoncé Knowles
Track:  Irreplaceable
There are other examples where a song on lastfm might be listed as,

< Searching for:> Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z)
and my library has

Rihanna - Umbrella - feat. Jay-Z
Is there anything you can do script wise to limit this type of false negatives? The Lyricator script uses a pretty elaborate name searching technique that looks for many variations of the same name using delimiters... Perhaps something like that can be implemented here? *crosses fingers*

As for my request for a future update, It would be awesome to have a window popup after a search is done showing only the songs not found. It would be helpful in that you might find some songs/artists that you weren't aware of and like to learn more about or artists/songs you actually have that you'd like to manually add to the resulting playlist. This would of course be a selectable option.

Additionally, you might end up finding some of your artists/tracks are incorrectly tagged or don't conform to, I guess, the norm, and might want to change accordingly. *crosses toes, fingers and other crossable appendages*

Thanks for reading.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

Is it possible to work some kind of boolean system out with tags? So for instance if i where to type "driving+energetic" i'd return songs tagged with both, for my rather spirited driving! Or "driving-energetic" when i don't want to kill myself :lol:. Or "chillout,relax" to match either or both tags. If you understand what i'm getting at :) Would be quite helpful when putting quite playlists together for myself!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

@ dreadlyone, perhaps in the future something more flexible/thorough could be implemented, but that also runs the risk of introducing more false positives by finding artists/tracks which have nothing to do with what the original search was. I recommend tagging your files in a more standard manner. :o 8)

I too have wanted a log or list of tracks which were NOT found in your library, but I did not find an easy way to determine that with how it is currently implemented. :cry:

I do not forsee adding any kind of tagging functionality to the script, there are already a few sufficently usable taggers for tagging (musicbrainz picard, jaikoz, etc), and scripts (batch art finder, genre finder, lyrics finder, etc) for that purpose, and it would be beyond the scope of last.fm nodes to get into tagging functions. Besides, last.fm is one of the last places I would use for accurate metadata (aside from tags, which are somewhat usable depending on the popularity of the artist/track/etc). Sorry. :(

@ alexdodd, it might be possible. Multiple tags might be useful, but then there comes sorting issues or how to best present a combined list.. but I am not sure how useful that would be to have differenced tags 'driving minus energetic', the overlap in related tracks would probably be very minimal anyway unless the tags were very similar.. and then I don't see any reason to try to subtract tracks from multiple similar tags.
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't suggesting to add tagging functions to LastFM. Just stating that seeing the log of what songs weren't found, you can then be able to update your tags manually, according to the log if you so choose.

Anyhow, thanks again.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

I've actually already asked this in one way or another, so don't take it like I'm complaining over and over, it’s just as I think of these things I dump them here :)
What about a manual autoDJ button? For instance, if i delete the last track on my playlist whilst I’m playing the second to last track, the autoDJ won't check for another song unless i skip back and then skip forward again which doesn't sound great. If there was a button that manually initiated the autoDJ on the last track in the playlist that would be very very helpful/cool/awesome or all three :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I just hit the play button on the toolbar to restart the song which I suppose is just as easy as hitting a button to manually trigger it, but eventually I'll add an explicit manual trigger so you can queue a few in a row manually.
Ooddiittyy

duplicate issue w/ now-playing queue

Post by Ooddiittyy »

This script is awesome, but I find I'm having the same issue I had with the last.fm auto-dj script: it seems that upon occasion, duplicate titles still manage to sneak their way into the queue list, and this sometimes results in a vicious cycle of repeated tracks (i.e. song #1 leads to song#2 which leads back to song#1 which leads to song #2, etc, etc). I have (of course) "avoid dupes" enabled.

Running MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183; any help/advice would be appreciated!

"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean."
--Mark Twain
debu

Post by debu »

I've installed this in MM3 and the icons are showing up in the top of the player, but under tools ----- options there are no settings to adjust. What should I try to fix this? thanks
martialartsguy

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2008.05.07 [MM3]

Post by martialartsguy »

Is there any way to make it load in more than one song much like the auto-dj does?
MM Gold since 2006
Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2008.05.07 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

martialartsguy wrote:Is there any way to make it load in more than one song much like the auto-dj does?
Currently there is not.

I don't know if in the future it will be an option, although I would like it to.

One problem is that in order to prevent the same track(s) from be loaded multiple times, the 'last played' date is used. When loading more than one track ahead of time, there is no easy way to prevent the same track and/or artist from being queued when calling the script multiple times in a row.

There are a couple possible other solutions, but I have not really had time to pursue or improve anything recently.