Length

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

MarS

Length

Post by MarS »

The tune length reported by MM is grossly overestimated for MP3Pro encoded files.
My collection consists mostly of .ape format for ripped CDs, and of .mp3 files encoded in MP3Pro format for stuff recorded from FM, and it's the MP3Pro files reported duration that is way off (regular mp3s, and ape files show correctly). For example, a tune that's actually 15:12 long is shown as 1:33:22, and a tune that's 6:57 long is shown as 47:51. 2:37 shows as 17:40, 5:53 as 33:55, and so on. The times show properly when played.

I suspect this mis-reporting of length might be the cause of why MM does not reliably update the play count/last played information. In my case, even if a tune is played from start to finish, MM still sees the time played as less than 1/3rd of it's idea of how long the tune is.
jiri

Post by jiri »

MM currently doesn't support MP3Pro tracks, but we'll check what can be done in the future.

Jiri