B1 bug: Focus switching to MM window when track changes

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

peter_h

B1 bug: Focus switching to MM window when track changes

Post by peter_h »

This didn't happen in A7. I've just upgraded to B1 from A7. Installed over the top of existing installation.

I can be typing in this (and yes, it just happened!), when MM steals focus and brings it's window to the front whenever a new track starts. Really annoying.

Would it act differently if I uninstalled everything and re-installed? (Since A8's focus issue was supposed to be fixed in B1)

If not, unfortunately, this version isn't going to be useable for me, so I will be unable to test it further :(
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
nojac

Post by nojac »

Bad news. I installed B1 over A8. And MM takes over the active window when a new track starts. Impossible to write while listening to music.....

EDIT: If I unhook the "Pop-up track info " in Options > Player the problem disappears.
Last edited by nojac on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Odd this isn@t happening to me, upgraded from A8 to B1. even when minimized.
tiagoclaus

Post by tiagoclaus »

This issue does not happen to me either (at least while browsing the web).

Could you please send us the software you were typing a text when MM got the focus?
nojac

Post by nojac »

In my case it is not a question of which application I use, but of selecting or deselecting Pop-up Track info. (And it won't happen if you minimize the Monkey before opening other applications)

I thought I'd make a clean database, so I backed up the one from A8. But MM3 decided to convert my MM2-databse. So now I have tracks last played in 2006....
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Yep, with me too - it doesn't matter which app I'm in, it switches from all/any of them. And if I deselect "Popup info" the problem goes away.

My OS is Win2003 Server SP2, Intel Core2 6400, 2GB.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
Danny

Re: B1 bug: Focus switching to MM window when track changes

Post by Danny »

peter_h wrote:This didn't happen in A7. <snip> I can be typing in this (and yes, it just happened!), when MM steals focus and brings it's window to the front whenever a new track starts. Really annoying.<snip>:(
This is happening on my system, also, and the pop-up has a bit of a problem, too - but this is a separate topic. Win XP Pro, 1 GB Ram, P4 2.4 Ghz, 2 monitors.

Thanks, Danny
badjeros

same problem

Post by badjeros »

same problem. mm3b1, winXP sp2. I also had this problem in alpha8. so far it's happened with firefox and thunderbird running, but those have been the only programs I've used.
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Just thought I'd mention this too: I'm also running 2 monitors - GeForce chipset, TV+VGA outputs.

tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Just had my first occurance of this, MM jumped infront of its own options dialog when the track changed. Had a horrible drawing bug and the only way to get back to the options dialog was to ALT-TAB away from MM and back again.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi. Info popup window will be completelly rewrited in next release, so this bug will be fixed.
judas

Post by judas »

Great to hear PetrCBR :-)
Cheers, judas