New to MMA, ideas on synching MMW to MMA

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

andyross

New to MMA, ideas on synching MMW to MMA

Post by andyross »

With Google shutting down Google Play Music, I found that the new YouTube Music completely sucks and cannot read the approximately 6900 songs in 1800 folders on my phone.
In the past, I had an iPod and used iTunes. When my iPod died, I bought a Fiio X1 and simply copied the iTunes database to a separate folder and then added in some artwork that the Fiio didn't see. It's basically formatted by band name, with subs for albums, plus a directory for Compilations with albums in that. This format worked fine with GPM when I also copied that Music directory to the phone.
With YTM being garbage, I tried Media Monkey. I already had it on my Windows computer with plans to eventually set up sync between it and the phone. MMA had no problems crawling the database and works, but alot of artwork is missing.
I've read somewhat that WiFi syncing may work better than USB, although I may need to pay for Gold to really use it more than once. If I try that, should I delete the files from the phone first and do a fresh sync, or will it properly sync with the structure as-is? Are there any tricks to get MMA to see the artwork that MMW and GPM saw without doing a sync? Many have FOLDER.JPG files for the artwork, and those seem to be the ones it's ignoring.