Playlists new hard drive and device sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RCBAudio

Playlists new hard drive and device sync

Post by RCBAudio »

OK, here goes. I replaced the secondary hard drive where my music is stored in my laptop with a larger one. I copied my music files to the new hard drive before the replacement. When I did this I also manually moved some files around to change the way the file structure is organized. I started MM and cleared the database and had it rescan the files.

I haver a usb drive I use to listern to music from my library in my truck. The truck music system has to have all the files (music and m3u's) to be in the same root directory. The m3u's were created with MM prior to me clearing the database and rescanning. Is there a way to get those m3u's back into MM and then run the find files on each m3u to have it pick up the location of the files on the harddrive?

I have tried pulling the m3u's form the usb and putting them into a directory on the hard drive and importing them; but cannot even see the mp3's listed n the m3u's to run the "find missing files" option. I was hoping I could do this to rebuild the m3u's in media monkey, blow away the files on the usb and then re-sync. ideas are welcome..
Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Playlists new hard drive and device sync

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think it can. Normally when you use Locate Moved/Missing Files it's done on files that were in the MediaMonkey Library and thus MediaMonkey has lots of data on the files to use to compare with found files.

You should've updated the drive in MediaMonkey and then used MediaMonkey to move/rename the files. Thus leaving the original database with the Playlists intact: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer