Log ID TSZQ4SU4VZ No wifi sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Log ID TSZQ4SU4VZ No wifi sync

Post by Lowlander »

So:

1) UPnP can access the Media Server on MMW?

2) Have you tried a PC, device and Router restart (especially Router restarts can be helpful)

3) Check that the device is on a wifi network that is allowed to see other devices on the network (Guest networks often block this for example). This is a Router setting.

4) Disable the Firewall on the MMW PC (maybe disconnect Router from internet) and see if this allows MMA to see MMW.

5) Verify that your device is allowed to connect to MMW under Tools > Options > Media Sharing by Configuring the Media Server. I personally had an issue and removed most devices and then it asked permission on reconnecting to MMW.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 pm So:

Thanks, see my responses below in bold

1) UPnP can access the Media Server on MMW? It works in MMA, how would know in MMW?

2) Have you tried a PC, device and Router restart (especially Router restarts can be helpful) yes, several times

3) Check that the device is on a wifi network that is allowed to see other devices on the network (Guest networks often block this for example). This is a Router setting. I don't see an obvious way to check for that setting in my router setting, this is a home network and no settings have changed since the problem started

4) Disable the Firewall on the MMW PC (maybe disconnect Router from internet) and see if this allows MMA to see MMW. Maybe as a last resort? Again I haven't chagned any settings in my windows firewall. Can they change without my knowing?

5) Verify that your device is allowed to connect to MMW under Tools > Options > Media Sharing by Configuring the Media Server. I personally had an issue and removed most devices and then it asked permission on reconnecting to MMW. Are you referring to the UPnP/DLNA tab where devices are listed? You're suggesting select each device and click "remove", then try syncing from those devices and watch for a notification to allow connecting? Would this change any of the device settings under "Portable Device Sync"?
Last edited by TroubleClef on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) And play files? That's weird that UPnP works and wifi sync doesn't.

5) Only those that you don't know what they are and for this device. No, it doesn't affect the Sync settings, they are in the Device Profile.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:31 pm 1) And play files? That's weird that UPnP works and wifi sync doesn't.

5) Only those that you don't know what they are and for this device. No, it doesn't affect the Sync settings, they are in the Device Profile.
1) Yes, agree!

5) I have another MMA device that is having the same problem so I removed that one from the list. Tried to wifi sync it and the connection fails, no permission request popped up in MMW.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

The url http://10.0.0.104:51095/DeviceDescription.xml must be reachable from your browser on phone, if not also MMA connection will fail.
Try to turn off the firewall briefly and check URL in browser on you phone.
If it will no not be successful, then try to change the port of MMW server, then update URL with the new port and check again in the browser.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

martin.bohac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:23 am The url http://10.0.0.104:51095/DeviceDescription.xml must be reachable from your browser on phone, if not also MMA connection will fail.
Try to turn off the firewall briefly and check URL in browser on you phone.
If it will no not be successful, then try to change the port of MMW server, then update URL with the new port and check again in the browser.
Well, I'm now completely confused. After disconnecting from the internet and disabling the firewall I was able to sync but not able to access the URL in my browser. In that process I found a setting within Windows to change the network profile from private to public so I made that change after reconnecting the internet and firewall, and the syncing still functioned. Now I've changed the network back to private and wifi sync continues to work. I still can't access the URL in the browser though so not sure what that means.

This is all very strange. I have never changed the firewall or network settings in Windows and wifi sync worked fine for years. And now that it's back to working with the original setup, I don't understand what went wrong or what fixed it. Makes me wonder if the success will be temporary. Should I send a debug log in a working condition? Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Now I'm noticing syncing doesn't appear complete. I've run a few sync's without changing the playlist in MMW, and after the initial sync it has updated additional tracks a couple times. Then I deleted some tracks from the MMW playlist but the wifi sync isn't deleting them in MMA. Related problem?
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester