Tags/Metadata not loaded when adding files from network [#16917]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

rabelux

Tags/Metadata not loaded when adding files from network [#16917]

Post by rabelux »

I realized there is a minor bug in the current MMW version (4.1.29.1910) used on Win7.

Always on the first attempt when adding files a from network folder to the now-playing playlist (drag and drop) the files are greyed out and the metadata is missing (artist, album, ...).
Playing one of the added songs removes the greyed-out-colouring but metadata is still missing.
From now on, every further addition of files shows correct metadata. Even adding the same files again brings back the tags.

If Mediamonkey is closed/exited and reopened everything works as intended and the correct metadata of previously greyed-out tracks is loaded.
All works until pc is rebooted.
Behaviour is 100% reproducible.
The network folder isn't mounted if that's relevant.
I know it's not a major bug und just a little bit annoying, a fix would be greatly appreciated though.
Last edited by rabelux on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Tags/Metadata not loaded when adding files from network

Post by Lowlander »

It may not get fixed anymore, but added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16917
rabelux

Re: Tags/Metadata not loaded when adding files from network [#16917]

Post by rabelux »

Thanks lowlander for your fast reply!
And also for giving me a rough estimate :wink:

I'm not really up to date with MM5, is there some sort of a planned realease date?

Edit: I know MM5 is available for beta testing but I'm so happy with MM4 that I don't know when I'm gonna jump :D
Lowlander

Re: Tags/Metadata not loaded when adding files from network [#16917]

Post by Lowlander »

There is no date for a final release.