2240 - custom views

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2240 - custom views

Post by Barry4679 »

The custom views facility is looking better.

Some suggestions:
  • #1: it would be good if the Delete a View Specification action required a confirmation ... the delete and update icons are quite close together, so accidents are easy
  • #2: It is good that the Manage Views dbox now shows all custon views, ie those which are available for the current sub-node, and those which are not available. .. it would be good if the UI disabled the OK button if I was trying to navigate to an unavailable custom view
  • sharing of List mode custom views, and ListByAlbum mode custom views, between sub-nodes is good ... and custom views for these view modes delivery really good functionality ... the situation for custom Grid views is less good:
    • I can share specifications between the AllTracks sub-node, and the Album sub-node, and the Years sub-node ... presumably because each of these Grids display albums, and also have Sort option in common ... that is good
    • the grids in the other sub-nodes. don't display albums, they display the subject of their own index ... eg. the Artists sub-node displays Artists, and the Composers sub-node displays Composers, etc
    • #3: these sub-nodes don't offer sort options, because the sort is implied ... the only specification for these sub-nodes is Column Filter on|off, and Status Bar on|off ... the specifications options for each are identical ... so why can't I share a common specification between these sub-nodes?
    • #4: there are zero Grid specification options for the following sub-nodes: Location, Rating, Classification, For Edit. ... you should not offer creation of custom Grid specification for these nodes, as there is zero deliverable .. it is confusing because it is hard enough to understand how all this works, without the UI offering dead end options
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.