MM syncs all songs to iPod but iPod only plays some songs

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Fraggler

MM syncs all songs to iPod but iPod only plays some songs

Post by Fraggler »

Hello all.

I've been struggling to get Media Monkey to work properly for several weeks now and have not made much progress. I really don't want to switch back to iTunes because that program straight up sucks.

The Problem:

I have ~5000 songs in my library, all MP3s. I have an iPod with video. When I sync my iPod everything seems to work fine and my iPod does report the proper number of songs. However, when using the device, only ~60% of the songs will actually play.

Navigating through the folders I can go to any song and they all appear to be in their proper places, though about half of them won't play as if there is an irreconcilable error with the file. I know, however, that all of my files are in good shape. They all play just fine in Media Monkey and until I switched to MM from iTunes they all worked fine on my iPod. Several of them I encoded myself, and many that don't work now I've had for years. They even worked on my old 2nd gen iPod. There does not appear to be any pattern to which files fail and which work.

Actions I've Taken

MM is up to date, as is my iPod, as is the Windows XP I'm running. I've even gone so far as to restore my iPod and start from scratch.

Please help! MM kicks the crap out of iTunes except for this one major shortcoming. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Do you have compatibility settings enabled on iPod plug-in Options dialog in MM?

If so, please e-mail me a track that doesn't work, plus some information about where is the track located in your PC, also a debug log of synchronization process would help.

Jiri