mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

KenTi

Re: Not clearing cache?

Post by KenTi »

Nevermind... Sheesh, soon as I post, it doesn't repro any longer... I hate computers... :)
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

AMG appears broken. It's no longer pulling the Cover Art and instead is showing a Red X. The Cover Art shows in the Temp HTML page put into the WST Folder, but doesn't appear properly in the program window. Don't believe this could be cause by anything I've done, as I don't recall making any changes to my PC nor installing/uninstalling anything that would affect this. Maybe AMG has found a way to stop this? *Shrugs*

Also, I think I remember it being discussed ages ago in this thread, but it's been a long while since I've read through, and I don't currently feel like going through 14 pages at the moment. But anyway, is there a way to add a button or menu option to launch WST from without MM? I just find it annoying sometimes when I must go through the process of loading it from the Start Menu when I'm already in Monkey.

Peace

PS -- Keep up the good work on this great extention! :)
tj_junk

Toolbar Button, Context Menu option, and Hotkey

Post by tj_junk »

Web Sources Tagger installs into MediaMoneky three methods by which you can quickly access this wondeful feature:
  • 1) A Button on the rightside of the Standard Toolbar: (View --> Toolbars --> Standard)
    2) Context menu option: (Highlight one or more songs --> Right Click --> At the bottom of the context menu should be a "Web Sources Tagger" option)
    3) Hotkey: (Highlight one or more songs and simply press Ctrl-E)
Mizery_Made

Re: Toolbar Button, Context Menu option, and Hotkey

Post by Mizery_Made »

tj_junk wrote:Web Sources Tagger installs into MediaMoneky three methods by which you can quickly access this wondeful feature:
  • 1) A Button on the rightside of the Standard Toolbar: (View --> Toolbars --> Standard)
    2) Context menu option: (Highlight one or more songs --> Right Click --> At the bottom of the context menu should be a "Web Sources Tagger" option)
    3) Hotkey: (Highlight one or more songs and simply press Ctrl-E)
Oddly, I have non of the above. Don't remember ever having them either. Hmmm.... I shall uninstall WST & Reinstall and see what that accomplishes.

EDIT: Nope, even after a reinstall, still no WST-MM Integration. :\
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Cover Art for AMG is still fine for me. I don't know why it doesn't work for you (even after restarting WST ?).

To get "MM integration", you have to install the script from here.
The script should be default in next versions.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Steegy wrote:Cover Art for AMG is still fine for me. I don't know why it doesn't work for you (even after restarting WST ?).

To get "MM integration", you have to install the script from here.
The script should be default in next versions.

Cheers
Steegy
Good looking on pointing me toward that script, I knew that it had been discussed and such earlier on in this topic, but found it overwhelming to have to search through to find it. I shall install that in a minute.

As for the Cover Art, yeah, still performed the same way after closing and restarting WST. It's not just one album either, as I've tried with multiple ones to make sure. Like I said, don't recall making many changes, though since it's been a week or two since I've last used WST, no telling what may have triggered it.

Only two things I can recall doing that might affect it in some way, was yesterday, and that was I uninstalled .NET Framework 1.1 (since I already have 2.0, you don't need BOTH, do you?) And I also upgraded J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 from Update 9 to Update 10

If one of those two things is what affected it, then great... otherwise I'll have to tamper with things some more and see what's what.

EDIT: Cool beans, the script works great. I think the exe actually loads faster with this method over the method of clicking the shortcut in the Start Menu, surely only my imagination right? Lol. Sounds good that it will be included in the next release, as it would make sense. Considering it's an Add-On App designed for Monkey and all. Again, keep up the excellent work...

Only thing I wish though, is that you could find some way of stealing information from Microsoft's database, while they get their information from AMG original, they must be editing it themselves in some fashion as the Credits are often more accurate and the Artist feild for each track actually lists everyone in it.... but you know, that's probably impossible. Alwell... WST is still great.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Mizery_Made wrote:Only thing I wish though...
I've looked into this and hope to include it in some next version.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
MagickRhythm

Post by MagickRhythm »

Steegy wrote:In the Options > More options... dialog, you can set up "tagging masks" for the fields that you can use in MediaMonkey.
The tagging masks for style, theme and mood are %style% %theme% and %mood% (hover over the tagging mask list to see an info popup).

E.g. to write Style to the track's comments, use %style% as mask for the Comment field. Next time that you get and write the tags, the changes will be made.

Cheers
Steegy
I have tried this for Style using the Custom1 field and doesn't work for me.

Help.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

You know, sometimes when a search is done, there may be several releases of one given album your looking for (main, clean, special edition, CD/DVD, UK bonus track, etc) and they arn't always grouped together so you might miss the version your really looking for and just decide to settle for something close.

So I was thinking, I know that WST does a search on the given site (I namely use AMG) and then pulls the needed information from that search and puts it into the drop down bar as-is basically. Would it be possible for the script to pull the search information (artist name, album name, link and so on) and then be able to sort it Alpha-Numeral? So that all releases by say, Madonna, are clumped together and such. You know?

Just a thought, might drag the speed of the program down a tad even if it was possible. So, yeah, just throwing ideas out there.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This the plan.

Post by Guest »

spacekris wrote:ok, i finaly installed framenetwork, started the program, chose "getselectedtagsfromMM", window froze 20sec and got this:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.getSelectedTracksInMediaMonkey()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Web Sources Tagger
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Web%20Sources%20Tagger.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.SongsDB
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Interop.SongsDB.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
i selected mp3s and then wma. same.

homepage? userguide? last.fm tags? add to existing tag?

Post by Guest »

is there somewhere with some information on how to use WST properly? I've searched around, but everything just links back to a single post with the latest version.
(side note, almost as important as MM3 is some form of official MM scripts repository like winamp and firefox have. finding scripts in the forums is a real pain!)

Any chance we can add last.fm to the list of sources?

Is there a way to append the new information to a tag, rather than overwrite it?

Eg: If i want to add AMG styles to the custom3 tag, but i've already added a few of my own and don't want to lose those. Or if i want to add AMG and last.fm tags to the same field.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

is there somewhere with some information on how to use WST properly?
Not really. There's only a short "how-to" (some steps to use WST) and a fast screen video showing the basics.
More info would indeed be helpful, especially if someone else could make it (I prefer doing the "more useful" things, and everything seems to obvious for me to explain it myself). I'd like the program interface to be as clean and efficient (unfortunately sometimes difficult) as possible, but plan to add some in-program guides (e.g. "How To for beginners" walkthrough and such).
(side note, almost as important as MM3 is some form of official MM scripts repository like winamp and firefox have. finding scripts in the forums is a real pain!)
We all hope/have been said that MM3.0 will include this.
Any chance we can add last.fm to the list of sources?
If there exists a script for Mp3Tag, you can normally use that one. Otherwise you can also create it yourself (Mp3Tag users do it, so I wonder why MM users don't).
Is there a way to append the new information to a tag, rather than overwrite it?
If it wasn't already on the to-do list, then consider it added now.
thejayj

WST loading Composers as Track Artists

Post by thejayj »

Hey, just wanted to say how much this script is saving my life! Thanks Steegy!

Anyway, recently while going through the rest of my collection, I noticed a problem. The AllMusic database (the one I typically use to fix tags) through Web Sources Tagger shows Composer names for the Track Artist field. It's almost like it's pulling the composer information from AllMusic and putting in place of the Track Artist. It was working fine for me a few days ago, but now everytime I load an album from AllMusic I get the composer tags instead of the Track Artist. Since this happens, the track artist is showing multiple names (really the composers) and the Album Artist field also gets corrupted and shows Various Artists instead of the actual artist.

I'm not sure what's causing this or if there's a way to fix it. I hope someone can help me out with this problem.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If you're sure that it worked before and now it has changed, then AMG has changed their web page layout so that the parsing script that WST uses isn't up-to-date anymore. It'll have to be updated.