Increase volume level headphone output on android ?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

nonob

Increase volume level headphone output on android ?

Post by nonob »

Hi,

I had several android phones (Samsung, Huwaey, Motorola) and each time i 'm am a little disapointed about headphone level output (even with "volume limitation" unchecked in settings), when i use it in my car.

In comparaison, i have a sandisk sansa clip+ with alternative firmware Rockbox, that allows overdriving the headphone output to +6dB
, that is more that i need :

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manua ... -1030006.1
This setting adjusts the volume of your music. Like most professional audio gear and many consumer audio products, Rockbox uses a decibel scale where 0 dB is a reference that indicates the maximum volume that the player can produce without possible distortion (clipping). All values lower than this reference will be negative and yield a progressively softer volume. Values higher than 0 dB are available and can be used to raise the volume more than would otherwise be possible. These volume levels will ordinarily lead to distorted sound, but might work nicely for music that has an otherwise low volume level. The volume can be adjusted from a minimum of -74 dB to a maximum of +6 dB.
I tried the mma egalizer but it seem to works in a different way : if i adjust + 3db on a frequency, the maxium level volume doesn't change but all others frequency have a -3db applied (i think).

So this is my question :

Is it possible to increase (without quality lost) the volume level on headphone output on android phone ?
If yes, how to do this and is it specific to each model ?

I read about "Viper4AndroidFX", i will try it..

Bye
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)