please help i cannot configure my nano

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

please help i cannot configure my nano

Post by Guest »

please help i cannot get mm to find my ipod nano my usb ports are working fine but it wont appear in the tree i really am stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated
naviline

device synchronization issues with ipod: suggestion

Post by naviline »

To Guest from another ipod user:

I have a 2GB ipod nano and use Windows XP SP2, and I was having the same problem (ipod would not show up in MM list). However, my ipod DID show up as a device drive in Windows explorer. This is what I did:

1) Shut down Mediamonkey.

2) Reset my ipod (instructions on how to do this can be found here:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/)

3) Reinstalled ipod drivers (you can do this WITHOUT itunes thankfully - the updater can be found here: http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/). I had to use the "restore" option for it to work, which unfortunately erases everything on your ipod (the "update" option didn't work for me).

4) Disconnected my ipod from my machine

5) Opened Mediamonkey (I use version 2.5.1) and configured my ipod plugin settings (Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices) with the following options:

Synchronization Options Tab
- "Copy m3u playlists" UNCHECKED
- "Auto-Synchronize as soon as the device is connected" UNCHECKED
- "Automatically unmount device after auto-synch" UNCHECKED

Device Configuration Tab
- "Force iTunes-style folders" CHECKED
- "on Rebuild Device database" based on all track changes SELECTED

6) Reconnected my ipod

7) My ipod showed up in the MM tree. Even though i had restored the drivers/software, I right-clicked on my ipod in the tree and selected "Rebuild Device Database" just in case :wink:

Everything works GREAT now! I have to manually synch (instead of auto-synchronizing) but I like the control of that anyway since I like to change the playlists every time I synch. Also have to manually disconnect (I think accidentally unplugging without unmounting the device via MM caused the problem in the first place). These steps might be a little overkill, but I haven't had a problem since. Hopefully this works for you.