reverse syncing ipod to MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

51k.bos

reverse syncing ipod to MM

Post by 51k.bos »

Hi, I have an 5th gen ipod nano that was given to me by a friend. There are some songs on it that are not in my library that I would like to save. I went to apple discussions to seek support and was pointed to an article telling me about 3rd party software that might help. I saw media monkey on the list and thought YAY! this shouldn't be impossible then. I've read everything about how to sync my MM library to the ipod but can't find anything about doing it the other way. Now, I connected to the ipod and the music is there in my media tree, but how do I save it without syncing my library to it? Can I even do that? I would like to save the ipod library into MM so I would still have the music but could then wipe the ipod and start fresh as I'm probably gonna give it to my kid and I'm sure she doesn't want anything I like on it. Ive been trying to figure out how to do this for like a week looking for solutions here and apple and I am getting frustrated so I apologize if I missed something obvious along the way. I appreciate any help someone would offer, thanks so much!
Lowlander

Re: reverse syncing ipod to MM

Post by Lowlander »

51k.bos

Re: reverse syncing ipod to MM

Post by 51k.bos »

ok, thanks so much for the link to the article, I did as instructed but ran into a hitch when auto-organizing and copying to library. I left it alone to do it's thing, came back a while later it was stuck on 401 of 485, left it alone came back over an hour later, still on 401, checked if anything was running in windows to make it hang, but couldn't find anything, thought hmm...left it alone again. When I came back, my whole computer was frozen, I could only open task manager. It didn't say MM wasn't responding nor was it eating up a bunch of resources, but it still wouldn't let me do anything, wouldn't even minimize the window. So I closed MM with task manager and tried again. Now when the options window opened up to auto organize, it had already highlighted some files in either blue or red asking to edit duplicates and overly long file names. I unchecked both the blue and red highlighted files and hit ok, but the status bar said it only copied 2 files. How do I find the other 83 files that didn't finish copying that first time? There are now 856 files on the ipod, do I have to manually go through to see which ones I'm missing?