Can I force MM to see it's sync'd with an iRiver H100

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

adhalejr

Can I force MM to see it's sync'd with an iRiver H100

Post by adhalejr »

I have an iRiver H100 which already has a lot of music on it (nearly full). I was able without difficulty to sync some newly-ripped CDs to it (by selecting just those CDs in the Sync Options dialog) and to rebuild the database.

However, MM thinks that it needs to sync the rest of the stuff in its library with the iRiver, even though the vast majority of that music is already on the iRiver. I'd like MM to think / realize that all the music on the iRiver is already in the library and that it doesn't need to include it in future sync's (unless it really has just been added to the library).

Is there a way to do this? Thanks much - MM is unbelievably fantastic; wish I'd found out about it a long time ago.

Donnie
jiri

Post by jiri »

MM can't make the pairing with tracks already on your device. For the very first time it's the easiest to clear your device and synchronize whole content using MM. Since this first-time synchronization, all will work smoothly, you won't need to re-synchronize tracks unnecessarily.

Jiri
adhalejr

OK - How about playlists

Post by adhalejr »

Jiri,

Thanks for the response. What you're saying makes sense, and I can fairly easily clear the device and then sync what I want to sync.

On a related note, can I achieve any granularity in sync'ing the auto-generated MM playlists. When I let it sync those playlists, I got playlists for each CD plus playlists for all songs by an artist. That came to >100 playlists, which isn't easy to navigate on the device. Is there a way to just get the artist playlists but not the individual CD playlists (since I can just pick the CD from the device DB to play the CD)? I hope that makes sense...

Thanks again for a great piece of software!

Donnie