Random after [N] continuous plays

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

bdill

Random after [N] continuous plays

Post by bdill »

Currently MM's random (shuffle tracks) selects a random track after every play.

How about a feature like a radio station's "two-for-Tuesday" which plays two songs in a row from the same artist, then it plays two more from another artist, etc.

Rather than selecting a random track after every single play, MM selects a random track after 2 (or 3 or 4...) continuous plays. That way when my playlist contains 20 albums lined up, I would hear two "Disturbed" songs, then two "Son Volt" songs, then two "Alanis Morissette" songs, etc.

Of course there is a chance that a random selection would be the last track in an album, in which case the 2nd track would be a different artist, but that's OK.

The user-interface implementation could look something like:

Code: Select all

"Shuffle tracks" selects random track after every [ N ] continuous play(s).
Where [ N ] is a drop down list with values from 1 to 5 defaulting to 1.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My "Auto Album DJ" script could be altered to do this using your entire library. A counter would need to be placed in the INI file so that it knew when to select a new artist. However, I don't have time at the moment as I am working on a few other projects.

Although by the sounds of it, this script is what you are looking for: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1859
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.