Sync Overwrites Files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

neumannu47

Sync Overwrites Files

Post by neumannu47 »

I subscribed to a new podcast (XML Feed) today and had something new happen. The show titles are the same for each episode. When they download to my hard drive, MM adds (1) to hour 2, (2) to hour 3, and (3) to hour 4. However, when I sync the podcast to my USB drive, MM ignores (1), (2), and (3) and overwrites the first file three times. "On download, tag episodes based on data from Podcast feed" is checked.

What I should have:
On The House:January 31, 2015
On The House:January 31, 2015(1)
On The House:January 31, 2015(2)
On The House:January 31, 2015(3)

What I actually have:
On The House:January 31, 2015

I subscribed from a second computer and did not check "On download, tag episodes based on data from Podcast feed". Now here is what I have:

On The House Hr 1
On The House Hr 2
On The House Hr 3
On The House Hr 4

Unfortunately, when I download the show next week or when I download past episodes and then sync them to my USB stick, the later-copied shows will overwrite the shows of the same name that have already been copied.

What's a good solution to this problem? The metadata field that is correct in the download is "Podcast", which is "February 7, 2015 Hr 2". I could use MP3 tag to rename the files after they're downloaded, but I hope that there is a way for MM to handle the problem without having to go through those additional steps.
Lowlander

Re: Sync Overwrites Files

Post by Lowlander »

You could use <Filename> in the sync mask.