Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

RobertSmith

Re: Backup 5.2 [MM2+3]

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote:
RobertSmith wrote: But I'm still confused, if db is saved continuously why is playstat and rating gone after a crash?
I'm just guessing here but I assume the db did not have a chance to save the changes so that is why they are lost after a crash.

Nyn
But if everything works as it should there would be an db with a date from last action (not many minutes before crash) IF NOT something strange has happened and MM stops to save db, see prev post the MM.DB-stmtjrnl and MM.DB-journal files. Do you have any clue? I have goggle for last hour but no answer...
nynaevelan wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:Hmm..
MM has been playing in the background for the last hour but for an unknown reason (same as before I guess) it has suddenly stopped to save db.

Instead of a updated MM.db there are 2 files
MM.DB-stmtjrnl (hidden)
MM.DB-journal
Those are just temp files which MM creates when it is saving the db, they disappear after the changes are committed.
But I haven't seen them before, only when MM suddenly stop to save MM.db (everything else is normal, playing edit rating etc)

Edit: The problem with MM.db has been reported and now also localized so above warning is obsolete.
Last edited by RobertSmith on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you been getting this crash before or after using the script? Do you get it each time? If so, you need to investigate to try to find the culprit? What is going on before it crashes? how many files are losing ratings/playstats, is it just the playing track?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote:Have you been getting this crash before or after using the script? Do you get it each time? If so, you need to investigate to try to find the culprit? What is going on before it crashes? how many files are losing ratings/playstats, is it just the playing track?
I can't say anything about earlier crashes. I have just started to monitoring C:\Users\personal\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\ to see if I could understand why MM is running as normal (playback) but suddenly stops to save/update MM.db while playback continue to works as normal. There is no "crash" before I turn MM off, and playstat is gone for all tracks played after last proper (saved) MM.db see this post

There are some topics regarding this journal file, but not exact same problem, search for +db +journal.

I had to consult wikipedia to understand the word culprit :D

Edit: The problem with MM.db has been reported and now also localized so above warning is obsolete.
Last edited by RobertSmith on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

RobertSmith wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Have you been getting this crash before or after using the script? Do you get it each time? If so, you need to investigate to try to find the culprit? What is going on before it crashes? how many files are losing ratings/playstats, is it just the playing track?
I can't say anything about earlier crashes. I have just started to monitoring C:\Users\personal\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\ to see if I could understand why MM is running as normal (playback) but suddenly stops to save/update MM.db while playback continue to works as normal. There is no "crash" before I turn MM off, and playstat is gone for all tracks played after last proper (saved) MM.db see this post

There are some topics regarding this journal file, but not exact same problem, search for +db +journal.

I had to consult wikipedia to understand the word culprit :D

I'm not sure, I think this is info that is waaaayyy above my paygrade. :lol: :lol: But your are right the timer option would definately benefit you but in the meantime you might want to run a manual backup before shutting down MM, just to ensure you have a copy of the latest db.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote:I'm not sure, I think this is info that is waaaayyy above my paygrade. :lol: :lol: But your are right the timer option would definately benefit you but in the meantime you might want to run a manual backup before shutting down MM, just to ensure you have a copy of the latest db.
The problem with MM.db has been reported and now also localized so above warning is obsolete.
And Yes the timer option would be nice :D
Boys Don't Cry
simple

Post by simple »

i am using MM3.1 and changed font to px8 but still got error backup cancelled because output folder exist
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You either need to select an output path which doesn't exist, or you need to tick the "Overwrite previous backup" option as well.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
simple

Post by simple »

well if u remember me ,,i never get to see the options and dont know where i could see those options?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

When I try to run Restore.vbs in Windows 7, I get the following error message.

Line: 27
Char: 3
Error: Permission denied
Code: 800A0046
Source: Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error

Any ideas on how to overcome this?
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

OK. I got it to work by turning UAC off.
dypsis

Backup From 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS

Post by dypsis »

Running backup after moving from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS.

Are there any problems when running Backup Restore in Windows 7 64-bit after creating a backup in Vista 32-bit?

In Windows Vista 32-bit, MediaMonkey installs to:
C:\Program Files

And in Windows 7 64-bit, it installs to:
C:\Program Files (x86)

Does this cause any problems when restoring my backup?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you are using the "Restore.vbs" then it might need editing, but this will depend on what you are backing up. For example the settings and database are in "AppData" so these will be fine, but scripts are in "Program Files" and therefore you will need to modify this path.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:If you are using the "Restore.vbs" then it might need editing, but this will depend on what you are backing up. For example the settings and database are in "AppData" so these will be fine, but scripts are in "Program Files" and therefore you will need to modify this path.
OK. I will replace Program Files with Program Files (x86) in Restore.vbs.

Thanks... :)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Well, my player was restored OK.
But my database wasn't restored on any of my computers.

All my play info details were set back to zero. :(

Even going from x86 to x86.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you tried manually copying the ".db" file into the right location? I don't know why the playcounts would be missing. :-?