Cannot delete tracks?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

taemian

Cannot delete tracks?

Post by taemian »

Whenever I try to delete a song, it won't allow me to. A message saying that the song may already be in use by another program or I may not be authorized to delete it. I am the only user, have full admin rights and go right to MM from the start menu. I do have iTunes, windows media player and realplayer still installed, but not running.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I also have a question about deleting tracks from my iPhone. If I delete a song directly on my iphone5, will it remove the original from my computer also when it syncs? Is there anyway to do this? Otherwise I just have to rate it as 1 star and delete all 1 star songs after syncing each day.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this post!
Lowlander

Re: Cannot delete tracks?

Post by Lowlander »

If you're syncing with an iPhone it sounds your using MediaMonkey for Windows instead of MediaMonkey for Metro.
taemian

Post by taemian »

Yes, isn't this the section for windows 8? That's what it says in the title for this section. W8/RT.

Is there a better place to post this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

taemian wrote:Yes, isn't this the section for windows 8? That's what it says in the title for this section. W8/RT.

Is there a better place to post this?
The "RT" in Windows RT stands for runtime, and unlike the other two versions of Windows 8, Windows RT (also called WinRT and Windows on ARM) is an OEM-only edition that won't be available for purchase in stores (eg for tablets only).

If you aren't running MM from the Windows app store then you are in the wrong place.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, this section isn't for Windows 8, it is for MediaMonkey for Metro which is the Metro App from the Windows App store.