Loss of settings after update

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Flint4

Loss of settings after update

Post by Flint4 »

Hi,

I have encountered a problem which is difficult to tackle I think. Sometimes, when I start MMW first time after the PC was shutdown, it has lost the most settings I've done in the program. As an example, the skin gets resetted to default, my gold reg is gone, monitored folders are changed to default, etc.. I was searching the program folder of MMW to find an error log, but there is nothing available. I have the feeling that it happens regularly on the day after I did an update of MMW. Yesterday, I have installed the build 1689 (debug) and it worked fine all the day. Today, the settings were gone. It is possible that I have not rebooted my machine after the update yesterday. Next time, I'll have an eye on this.

Any suggestions how to get an error log of that behaviour or how to monitor MMW to see what happens after the next update?

Versions:
MMW buld 1689 debug
Win7 Professional 64bit

Best wishes,
Alex
Ludek

Re: Loss of settings after update

Post by Ludek »

Flint4

Re: Loss of settings after update

Post by Flint4 »

Hi Ludek

Thank you for helping me :)
I'm not sure, the value in my registry is set to "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local". The path in the KB article looks like old Windows XP? %localappdata%\MediaMonkey does not contain the MediaMonkey.ini file. I can not find any evidence that any application changes that path in the registry, but I will check it next time after the update before I start MMW.
Best wishes,

Alex