stuck on Reading Files at MM start

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

gbonawitz

stuck on Reading Files at MM start

Post by gbonawitz »

I had to re-install Win 7 today, and after getting through all of that and then installing MM, it (MM) hangs on "Reading Files" when I start it up. Strangely, it will list all of the artists and albums in the tree, but it will not list any on the songs on the albums, playlists, etc.

Same thing is happening with the latest debug build (4.1.0.1688_Debug). Hopefully I collected the logs correctly (http://netload.in/dateixWYNH5GD8D/media ... og.LOG.htm)...

Umm..what other info should I provide?

- Windows 7
- 50K+ songs in the library
- MM installed on C:
- Library on D:
Ludek

Re: stuck on Reading Files at MM start

Post by Ludek »

Hi, from the log I can confirm that MM did not terminate (MM was asked to terminate at 17 seconds),
It looks that a drive blocks MM when MM is trying to get info about the drive, I saw similar report one year ago and from that time I have already removed debug messages that could tell me which drive it could cause.

Try to eject all inserted CDs and removable drives to see if that helps?
gbonawitz

Re: stuck on Reading Files at MM start

Post by gbonawitz »

Thanks for responding.

I didn't have any CDs in any of the drives at the time. To be honest, I'm playing around with which controller the O/S drive is hooked up to, and - perhaps coincidence - now that I'm running on another controller things *seem* to be running fine. @#$#@ wierd....